Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am currently trying to wean my 2.5 year old from our bed.  We co-slept with him exclusively until about a year ago we got him a small bed in his own room to begin napping in.  When he got used to that we started putting him down at night time in his bed as well.  Since then (about 8 or 9 months ago) he wakes up sometime between midnight and 3 to get into bed with my husband and I.    I'm expecting our second child in about a month and I simply cannot sleep with both my husband and son all together anymore.  My son always has to be as close to me as possible in bed and with the discomforts of the last trimester at their peak I simply cannot take it.  So they have been sleeping in my son's room together all night for a few weeks now and I get our queen bed to myself.  I would like to sleep with the new baby but I know I can't with all the moving around that goes on when the toddler is in the bed and I'd like to sleep in the same bed with my husband again soon!  I've thought about putting a small child sized cot beside our bed that he can get into when he wakes up from his bed.  I just know its going to be a huge battle getting him to stay in it when our bed is just within reach.  You don't mess with this kid's routine.  Any other ideas to help him sleep through the night in his bed?</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts