Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think or know if I could use a bike trailer with this <a href="http://www.target.com/eZip-TrailZ-Electric-Bike-Black/dp/B0017K2ZNM/sr=1-5/qid=1235759818/ref=sr_1_5/185-2979315-4321932?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Awomans%20bike&page=1" target="_blank">bike</a>?<br><br>
I'm thinking this <a href="http://www.target.com/Quick-Lite-Aluminum-Trailer-Stroller/dp/B000IOQ0MU/sr=1-1/qid=1235759897/ref=sr_1_1/185-2979315-4321932?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&field-original-keywords=bike%20trialer&rh=k%3Abike%20trailer&page=1" target="_blank">trailer</a>.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The trailer will attach to the bikes frame. Specifically the piece of frame that runs from the crank(the circle that the arm that holds the pedals is on) to the back wheel on the left side. The picture of the bike does not show the left side of the bike. It looks like the electric system is on the left side as well so that might interfere.<br><br>
I would call a good bike shop and ask someone there.<br><br>
Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'd have to agree. Without seeing either more pictures or the bike in person, the motor might get in the way. You have a few options:<br><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li>Get the bike and then look for a trailer that would be compatible</li>
<li>Go to a local bike shop and seek their advice and help</li>
<li>Buy a decent used bike, go online and get an electric assist motor or gas assist motor that attaches to the front, buy any trailer you please</li>
<li>Or do a combination of 2 and 3</li>
</ol><br>
Also, here is my thought about the Target bike - that is a real cheap price! I mean, I've seen just the motors for that price. My concern is that it may break or not work after very little use. If it does, who will fix it? Target doesn't have a repair shop.<br><br>
Having succumbed to dh's desire to save a buck and buy one from a big box store, we wasted our money. Had we spent more money and went through a local bike shop, I'm sure we would be using that bike more because it wouldn't need adjustment or something replaced after nearly every use.<br><br>
Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll check out our local bike shop. Ive planned to but I see the stickers in the windows and I get cold feet LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts