Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is redundant. Please advise me on how to arrange carseats once I have my new babe...<br><br>
We have a 2003 corolla. Currently dd, almost 4, sits in the middle in the back. She loves it since she can see between the front seats. I love it because, unlike when I had her on the side, she doesn't mess with the hand-cranked windows.<br><br>
So. We have a sunshine kids seat for her, which is pretty narrow. Therefore we could probably put the baby bucket behind the passenger seat, where I could see the babe easily with the mirror, and also get the bucket in and out easily. DD would still be in the middle.<br><br>
Would dd bug baby, or soothe baby? (Both, I reckon.) Should baby be in the middle since that's the safest? (My gut says yes, but the thought of maneuvering the bucket in and out isn't nice. DD can climb in herself.) Should they be on opposite ends so they can't touch? And if we do that, does anyone have suggestions on keeping DD from messing with the window adjusters?<br><br>
Thanks mamas!!! I feel like I ought to be able to figure this out myself, but I am 37 weeks preggo and just cannot compute all the factors!<br><br>
FWIW, the babe bucket is a peg perego a friend didn't use, even tho it's new. (She ended up with a graco snap n go.)<br><br>
Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
The least protected child should be in the middle. So your ffing child is least protected (since she's not rfing) so that's the best spot if one is going to be in the middle.<br><br>
If she messes with the baby, then move her outboard and teach her to not play with the windows. At 4 that is entirely appropriate to do, she knows what is and isn't ok.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dahlia! Yes, I know dd could be taught not to mess with the windows. She loves the view, too, though, so hopefully she can stay in the center---I need to try out the bucket to ensure it fits.<br><br>
Thanks for the advice!<br><br>
More input welcome, too.<br><br>
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts