1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,<br><br>
x posted in Life with a Babe.<br><br>
Please excuse how long winded this is going to be!<br><br>
My ds had rsv and a very bad cold at six weeks, and we haven't quite been able to get back to "normal" ever since...<br><br>
Prior to his cold then, he would often have a stuffy nose, and he also had/has very reactive skin, and baby acne.<br><br>
In the past week however he has added green mucousy poops into the mix and I'm beginning to wonder if this might be an allergy? His face has also gotten more and more dry and flaky, especially his ears...<br><br>
The thing is, he's not especially fussy! I'd say he's shown signs of tummy discomfort a few times, but he's not reacting during, or right after breastfeeding, and when he is fussy it's for a short period of time and directly preceeds some wind and a big poop (green and slightly mucousy however.)<br><br>
Am I jumping the gun to think this is an allergic response? Should I start eliminating the major allergens from my diet? Could it be something else?? What?<br><br>
Thanks so much!<br><br>
Kimberley

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sounds like an issue with milk, to me. Not necessarily an allergy, but an issue of some sort. Try cutting it out for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Have you started your baby on probiotics yet?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. No I haven't started probiotics yet, I'm planning on getting some today. Any suggestion on which brand is best? How do you give probiotics to an infant?<br><br>
I've cut dairy as of today, and am wondering if I should try wheat as well.<br><br>
It's suprised me how it's come on fairly all of a sudden with these typical allergy symptoms, and hasn't presented before. Does anyone know why that might be???<br><br>
Thanks! - and keep the advise/ideas coming!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If you think its dairy and are going to do an elimination to rule it out, then you'll need to find a dairy free probiotic. Natren Bifido Factor will work, and we really like HMF Neuro Powder for our babe. How old is your baby? You can wet the end of your little finger and dip it into the probiotic powder and then wipe that inside your baby's mouth twice a day. Have you considered a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts