Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere, but I know someone here will be able to answer, so here goes.<br><br>
My breastfed, 7 month old DD was exposed to cp every day for a week at 5 months. (I wasn't trying to expose her this young, but it's a long story.) So anyway, she never did get them. She did get a fever of 103.6 one night a couple weeks later and I thought she'd get them, but never broke out. My question is, is it more likely that she is NOT immune because the bfing provided passive immunity, or that she IS immune and had a subclinical case? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Since she had a fever I would say she had the CP subclinical. Probably because she was on bm and because of her very young age.<br><br><br>
My grandson was exposed to hand, foot, and mouth disease full force, high fives repeatedly with a child that broke out with it two days later.<br>
He never showed any symptoms. At the time he was 6 months and excl. bf.<br><br>
I wonder if he is immune to it now? I think so.

·
Registered
0 Posts
From what I understand, the way you exposed your son to the virus is the absolute ideal way to gain immunity...I'll have to look up a link, but that's how folks back in the olden days kept from developing full blown polio...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts