Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so frustrating! Does anyone know of a test that does not give faint lines, even if you are only a few weeks?

Today AF is 5 days late and I got a faint line. But, the test said a + result shows up in a minute, and a neg result can be verified after 5 minutes. I got the faint line around 4 minutes. So now I have to test again in a few days, wondering the whole time, "Should I give up coffee? Should I tell dh? Tell the family?" I don't really want to tell people until it's more of a sure thing.

But I am also reducing calories, and don't know if I should stop, and I had coffee today, see what I have to keep turning over in my mind for a few more days?

So, does anyone know of a test that doesn't give such inconclusive results, or does anyone know if a faint line after one minute is anything to celebrate? The test I used was the cheapest kind that was at the pharmacy, I don't remember the brand but it was 2 for $4.35. (I already used the other one on the
result I got 2 days ago...) Any idea how long I should wait before testing again?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Personally, I would get a better brand of test and test this afternoon, after holding my urine for about 4 hours. You said you are 5 days late, a more sensitive test should be able to give you a darker result. Do you know when you ovulated? Do you know hohw many DPO you are? I used a First Response Early Result, in May of 2001, when they had just started advertising them for use before your period was late. I got very faint + with them at 10 dpo. I used a Fact Plus with FMU the day after af was due, and it was negative. I wouldn't waste my money on them again.

I found this site to be pretty helpful
http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/...ancy-tests.htm

As well as this one
http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-t...nsitivity.html

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have no idea when I O'd. I'll just go to Rite-Aid and get a better-known brand and do it again tomorrow.

I don't have any symptoms; not sick or anything, but last time I didn't feel anything till 6 weeks.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I got a First Response and, well, got a BFP in less than a minute! And it was dark, not faint.

Yaaaaay!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Hooray! A tiny new Greasedroplet is formed!
Congratulations!!!

Please share your babydust with me.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey now, no

Although, I guess you could, just not me!

No more

Heh heh, I think I'm going to steal "Greasedroplet" for my sig line before you can copyright it!

Now that I think about it, I have had some unusual symptoms - my left eyelid has been twitching several times a day, and I have been clumsier than usual. I can't type as well, and when writing I have been having to cross things out, etc. That's better than being sick!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats, greasedroplet, nee greaseball!

You know, I had eye twitching from about 6dpo-18dpo on my recent lucky cycle. I'd actually didn't even realize it disappeared, but it was one of the weird things that led me to test at 10dpo.

#1, edd 5.24.04

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Congrats Greaseball!! LOL at greasedroplet!!

Hey! I've been having an eye twitch htis week, too!! It's driving me BONKERS!!
s I never thought it was a pregancy symptom, too weird! It's been gone for a few hours now, hopefully forever!

See you over on the June expecting board!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.