Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend circ'ed her sweet, sweet boy today. Ryan was absolutely perfect....was keeps slipping into my vocabulary and this isn't even his fault! His mommie got the vbac she hoped and planned for. The worse part is she is cash pay! I knew she was planning a circ so I gave her info and we had conversations, but she kept coming back to, "I don't want him to hate me later. He will be so embarassed in gym. Dad is circ'ed." The usual. I flat out said there isn't any solid medical benefit (she had a couple of those decrease UTI and cancer articles) and she never disagreed with that. So, she paid $140 out of pocket, but "they're gonna use pain killer."

When I visited her in the hospital today she asked me to watch him while she took a bath in the whirpool tub down the hall. He had a poopy and I cried while I was changing it. I literally used half a tube of vaseline hoping his pee won't sting too much. I wanted so bad to call the nurse, but decided I could do it with more love than she could.....I even changed him in my lap cause I didn't want to put him down after what a day he must have had.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
So sad to think that a Mom who had her own belly cut giving birth the last time would let surgeons anywhere near her family unless absolutely necessary. We sure have our work to do still.
Baybee

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Poor baby. CAC doesn't have much good news tonight.

~Nay

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
I would've told her to screw her own comfort & look to her son's. No way would I facilitate helping her out with a nice relaxing bath when she so cavalierly just hurt her son.

I'm glad some of you are nicer than I am- I'd consider myself hardpressed not to poke her in the belly with a stick. (Yes, I've had a c-sec, I know precisely what I am envisioning. I wouldn't, I'm just saying the thought is there. But as far as being helpful, huh. You're on your own, lady.)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
I would've told her to screw her own comfort & look to her son's. No way would I facilitate helping her out with a nice relaxing bath when she so cavalierly just hurt her son.

I'm glad some of you are nicer than I am- I'd consider myself hardpressed not to poke her in the belly with a stick. (Yes, I've had a c-sec, I know precisely what I am envisioning. I wouldn't, I'm just saying the thought is there. But as far as being helpful, huh. You're on your own, lady.)
:

Guess I'm just not as nice as you, Julz6871. I hope you'll let that child know exactly what she's done to him, and that she had all the information and discarded it because she wanted him to be missing the same parts as his father. Give him information on restoring, when he's old enough to understand.

I suppose he should be grateful his father isn't missing an arm or leg.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
She paid this out of pocket?

This woman has no heart!!
If she has money what is stopping her? $100
is nothing for some. It is only making those of us on medicaid think twice although i gotta say that knowing me and money and the way i planned for my births, i would have long since saved up the money for a circ had i wanted one and it not been covered. as it was, mcare or bluecross that we had in 1997 would have paid for nathan's circ and mcare medicaid would have paid for noah's in 2001 no problem. (we're in michigan.)

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
She paid this out of pocket?

This woman has no heart!!
My sister did the same thing last week. She paid $250 out of pocket and she is very poor. She now has to go back to work next week
All b/c it was so important for her to pay someone to mutilate her son.

It makes me sick too. Hugs to the OP, you tried, some people just don't want to listen to the facts
That poor little babe. I don't know how you changed his diape, I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the hugs. This is the one place I knew people would understand my frustration. I had to leave when the grandparents showed up because they were making jokes about how he had a headache yesterday from birth and today a penis ache! Sick, sick, sick! I am too nice, but I love babies and do plan on giving him restoration info-if his mom and me are still friends of course....

She called me today and said something about how he has no problems nursing but he sure cries when he dirties his dipe.........um, he has an open sore. I said "well, you are taking motrin every 4 hours for your small tear he can't take anything." But I don't think it registered with her. I told her it upsets me too much to talk about his cosmetic surgery and got off the phone. I tried so hard. I guess I will have to focus on educating the younger generation.
:

Jilian, I read about your sister. That is terrible especially since she is blood and I'm sure you will see that innocent boy all the time. HUGS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.