Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I make this, I follow another poster's suggestion and sub an equal part of lentils with an equal part of brown rice (I think it was 1/3 C). I've done it a few times, and for some reason, my rice doesn't seem to be cooking through all the way. It ends up having a crunchy core! I've tried adding extra water, I've tried adding extra water and cooking longer (last time I cooked an extra 30-45 minutes or so)... Am I doing some thing wrong? I love this recipe so much and always make a huge batch to keep in the fridge and pick from, but this is really bugging me.<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi,<br><br>
I experienced that as well! As I also added some hokkaido squash I was especially annoyed at that turned into a mush when I added more water.<br>
The only solution in my eyes is to slightly pre-cook the rice or to use brown basmati rice which cooks quicker if I remember correctly.<br><br>
HTH!<br>
Valerie

·
Registered
584 Posts
I may be the one you're referring to who replaced with equal parts brown rice. And you know what, I used brown basmati. Maybe that's why it worked?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts