Mothering Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love looking at the baby name threads. The name I like for a girl is Larkin. I've never seen it on anyone else's list. I actually heard it on a movie. The only person I can think of who has something similar is Lark Voorhies from Saved By the Bell. I would not however, like it shortened. Of course, my mother is not fond of the name!

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
I had a student named Larkin. She went to graduate school for social work, and last I knew she was the first social work intern at a well-known vet school. (Yes, she got to help people whose pets were sick/dying.)<br><br>
I like the name. It is bright and cheery.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I like the name. It reminds me of the song of a lark.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
it is the name of a female character in books by octavia butler -- <i>parable of the talents</i> and <i>parable of the sower</i>.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I really like it, and I'm super-picky! It conjures up images of a beautiful singing bird. I think Lark is OK as a nickname too. Your mother will get used to it really quickly once you start using it.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
It's not a name I'd pick because it doesn't go with our last name or DD's name, but I really do like it!<br><br>
Think of it like Lauren. You could put a stop to people calling Lauren Laur, Laurie, Laura.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Really nice!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I think it's really nice. And it won't necessarily get shortened. No one shortened my name (and it's longer than Larkin) until I was in junior high and a friend started calling me Liz. Until then I was always just Elizabeth. Now I'm back to almost exclusively Elizabeth except a few friends I've had forever and DH.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts