Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Someone dh and I know is expecting a boy and dh asked her if she was going to circ. She said yes because "it's cleaner" that way....I printed out a collection of articles- many which I found here -and gave them to her...well, she came back and said they changed their minds and in fact, her dh now wishes he was never cut. From her expression, I believe she was being sincere.
I'm so excited that the cycle of violence and ignorance didn't continue and her sweet little guy will be left whole! I can't even count the times I poured my heart out trying to get people I know to change their minds and they just wouldn't. I'm so thrilled.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Yay, Mary- Beth!

And huge kudos to your friend and her dh!
I love hearing about people who are able to get over the cultural conditioning to circ. It gives me hope.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary-Beth
I'm so excited that the cycle of violence and ignorance didn't continue and her sweet little guy will be left whole!
I really like the way you put this. I am so shocked at the number people who I would expect to be enlightened and in touch with their babies who are ignorant about circumcision and the violence of it. When my son was born I loved the feeling of his tender soft body. Upon looking at his moist, soft, tender foreskin, I could not imagine how anyone could pull it, stretch it and slice it off.

Circumcision is a crime against children.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's great! It can be a touchy subject and one that I have seen many people say is rude to bring up, but this is exactly why it should be brought up! Most people don't know the truth about circumcision!

Good job!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just remember, it doesn't end here. Keeping the baby intact through childhood and doctors with dollar signs in their eyes is a whole new fight.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are exactly the reasons I shared this experience...to remind other to have hope and because it is extremely difficult for me to bring this topic up. I keep trying to build up the courage because it's just that important...and I'm really trying to do it in a loving way so the person will be less likely to become defensive (and deaf) but things don't always go as planned. It's great that this forum makes it so easy to find articles and info. Thanks everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.