So, what do you think for a boy?

Ashton Parker (we'd call him Ash)

Jackson Parker (Jack)

Last name is Jones

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think Ashton sounds better.

For the record, I'm not an Ashton Whatshisname fan. Kutcher? I don't dislike him, but I don't go out of my way to watch his movies either.

(Not that it's important, but I wanted to let you know in case you wondered)

~Nay

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ha, I'm going to be a real pain in the youknowwhat... I like them both, I
the name Jackson, and I like Ashton but
the shortening to Ash... They're both fantastic choices!! But due to the voting I think I'd maybe have to say I preferred Jackson

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I like Ashton better than jackson, but for the nickname Ash...well it is one of those words that doesn't always sound like it should & I am afraid I'd think you were calling your son 'ass'. Sorry, but I just can't help thinking about my nephew watching the crazy Pokemon cartoons & talking about ass all the time, when the kids name was really Ash.
:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl
I like Ashton better than jackson, but for the nickname Ash...well it is one of those words that doesn't always sound like it should & I am afraid I'd think you were calling your son 'ass'. Sorry, but I just can't help thinking about my nephew watching the crazy Pokemon cartoons & talking about ass all the time, when the kids name was really Ash.
:
LOL we've thought about that! Actually my mom was joking around and said I should name the baby Jackson Ashton and call him "Jack Ash".
:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diprincess
I think Jackson is better than Ashton, but I might be a little biased since my ds's name is Jack.

ETA: and how awesomely cool is the name Jackson Jones?! I just love it.
I like the way Jackson Jones or Jack Jones sounds together. Actually I keep saying "Jack Jones private eye" in a silly announcers voice.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin
I think Ashton sounds better.

For the record, I'm not an Ashton Whatshisname fan. Kutcher? I don't dislike him, but I don't go out of my way to watch his movies either.

(Not that it's important, but I wanted to let you know in case you wondered)

~Nay
We're not Ashton Kutcher fans either. But, that's the first thing I thought of when I mentioned Ashton. I think my like for the name overrides that fact though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.