Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a bunch of cloth wipes, which I never thought i would do! But hey, as long as I am doinng load after load of laundry, why the heck not?

So, how do you store them? Do you pre-soak in the solution? if so, what solution? or, do you spray them before each use? Do you roll em up in the dipe and wash with the rest of the cloth?

This must seem so basic to you all! I appreciate it, though!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I store them dry, folded inh alf in a basket. At the start of the day I put a dab of Dr Bronners Lavender soap in a rubbermaid container and add enough water to fill it. I throw in a few wipes at a time. I have learned to closely approximate the number of wipes we use on an average day...at the end of the day I throw the leftover wipes into the pail...but I rarely have any leftover wet ones!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieMum
I store them dry, folded inh alf in a basket. At the start of the day I put a dab of Dr Bronners Lavender soap in a rubbermaid container and add enough water to fill it. I throw in a few wipes at a time. I have learned to closely approximate the number of wipes we use on an average day...at the end of the day I throw the leftover wipes into the pail...but I rarely have any leftover wet ones!

That's such a good idea. Wow, am I ever stuck in my box!
I have a spraybottle of my wipes solution on the changing table and just keep the wipes thrown in the top drawer of the table. Like my socks, they never manage to get folded. I was them w/the diapers, of course.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I keep mine in a few different plastic containers according to size. I keep the bigger ones by the kitchen sink so I can wet them with fresh warm water and then spray with diaper potion lotion when needed. I love my cloth wipes and so does ds he hates paper wipes!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I wash them with the diaper laundry, then fold them in half and stack them in the top drawer of the changing table (next to dipes). I use a wipes warmer - so I put a small stack in and then pour a cup full of hot water over them. Warm, fresh wipes!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what throws me off, and yet excites me about cloth diapering. There are so many different ways to do things. I mean, how many ways can you use sposies? Like, none. But with CDing, everyone has their own system.

I think I should start a notebook, or something.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I keep the dry ones folded in half in a basket. I keep some wet in the wipes warmer with water and baby bits (soap with essential oils - dissolves in the water to make a nice-smelling, antibacterial wipes solution). Basically I fill the wipes warmer with solution, then add wipes throughout the day until all the liquid is used up. Then I clean the thing and start all over. I like the baby bits because they're stored dry, and there's no measuring. Just drop two in the wipes warmer, fill with water, and we're set. Even dh can remember that!

I've only been doing it for three weeks (that's how old dd is) but it seems to be working for us.
I love our cloth wipes. I can't get over how much more effective they are than the disposable ones!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saratchka
I keep the dry ones folded in half in a basket. I keep some wet in the wipes warmer with water and baby bits (soap with essential oils - dissolves in the water to make a nice-smelling, antibacterial wipes solution). Basically I fill the wipes warmer with solution, then add wipes throughout the day until all the liquid is used up. Then I clean the thing and start all over. I like the baby bits because they're stored dry, and there's no measuring. Just drop two in the wipes warmer, fill with water, and we're set. Even dh can remember that!

I've only been doing it for three weeks (that's how old dd is) but it seems to be working for us.
I love our cloth wipes. I can't get over how much more effective they are than the disposable ones!

Just wanted to say that I love your daughters name. If/when I have a girl, her name would be Annalise Raelyn :*)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I keep my wipes folded in half in a plastic bin by the sink in the bathroom. I don't use any solution and only in really bad bm situations, do I use a mild baby soap. I don't prepare anything ahead of time, just put a bit on the wipe if needed. I keep my diaper pail in the bathroom too since I can use my mini sprayer and throw the rinsed dipes into the pail too. Works great for us.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought baby bits several months ago intending to keep wipes pre-moistened in a sposie-wipe container. When I remember to make the solution, that works great.

However, I usually forget to make the solution & just end up wetting down wipes as needed with tap water.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I keep them folded in a drawer. When I go to change a diaper I take several and wet them in the bathroom and bring them back. I leave the extras on a tray on the table for next time. I of course wash them with the diapers.

-Angela

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I bought a jumbo plastic container of disposable wipes, took the wipes out and used them for cleaning off DD's high chair tray and other non-skin-contact messes, and then stored my cloth wipes in the oh-so-handy plastic container with the flip top that the disposable ones came in. It works great. I soak them in water, and put them in there, and they're always wet and handy when I need them, plus it's portable. Not the most natural solution, I guess, but it works for me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm pretty simple... I just keep them dry folded in half with the diapers and when I have a stinker to change I just wet one and go after her. But she only poos once a day so I'm using very few wipes. When the new baby gets here I will keep them in a warmer with a solution since new BF babies tend to poo at every feeding.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
We use the spray-on Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion, and I keep my dry wipes on the shelf and wet them under the tap as needed. It's hot here now, and my son doesn't mind the colder wipe. When winter rolls around, I may search for a way to keep warm water in the changing room, because it takes forever for our bathroom sink to run warm water.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts