Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richmond mamas,<br><br>
I have read most of your posts about relocating to Richmond, and I am not only amazed by how many MDC mamas are in the area, but also by how mcuh information you all have provided!<br><br>
It looks like we have to move from Chattanooga (where we LOVE living), and my DH is interviewing for a job in Colonial Heights soon. While he is in town, he is hoping to drive around a bit to check out the area, if he has time. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for decent places we could live within 20 minutes or so of Colonial Heights. Ideally, these would be 20 minutes from Richmond, so that I can shop for organic food and meet with API and MDC mamas regularly (we currently drive 30 minutes to do these things, so we can live with that commute). We will probably rent first, if we do move there, but knowing how far we have to commute would help us make a decision if DH gets the job.<br><br>
I know that "decent" is a subjective term, but I am pretty flexible. I realize that each location has pros and cons. I guess crime is the most important aspect.<br><br>
TIA!<br><br>
~Carrie<br><br>
P.S. I keep meaning to add a signature. If it helps, I am a mama to 12 month old DS, 2.5 yo Great Dane.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would consider living on the southside/chesterfield area. There are a lot of new developments and thus a lot of close services. An idea would be to maybe drive up from Colonial Heights on 95 and then take 288 N and see if any of the areas appeal and are worth the drive. I am sure there are some other ways of getting around but I don't really know them!

·
Registered
77 Posts
What are you looking for in terms of a place to live--subdivision, suburbia, semi-rural, urban, etc??? Knowing that would make it easier to give you some advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts