Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dante Valentine was born on Dec 17th at 12:51. Exactly 1 week after his due date.

I'd been up since 6am Wednesday, went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 1:30 and could not get back to sleep. Contractions started around 4 minutes apart, and with the exception of a few here and there (some 10, some 2) they pretty much stayed 4 minutes apart. But they weren't lasting very long, so I called at 5:30am and asked the hospital if I should come in or wait until they got longer. They told me to take a shower and head on over. So I woke up my husband, got in the shower, and called a friend to come watch our daughter.

We got a bit of snow that morning so by the time our friend got there it was 7am, and by the time we got to the hospital it was about 7:30. My contractions weren't registering on their monitor and so the doctor asked me if I thought it was the real thing? And I was thinking to myself "Oh god, I'm going to be one of those women that gets sent home thinking I'm dying in full blown labor and only be at 2cm." Nope, we were at 7cm, 90%, and 0 station! Wahoo! I told them I had a positive group b test and the doctor said he didn't think we'd have 4 hours, but the pediatrician on call decided to start it anyways. Around noon I was completely exhausted and decided to ask for a shot of nubain. As it wore off I could feel contractions pushing the baby down further, but I just wanted to sleep so I told myself if I could make it through one more I'd have 5 more minutes of sleep. When I could no longer hold back the urge to push I told DH to grab the nurses right away. 15 minutes later there was a baby BOY! I avoided another episiotomy and only tore a little.

7lbs 12oz
19 3/4 in
minimal cone head, chicken legs, and no cushy booty.
Just Born

Daddy & his Boy

DD, meet Baby

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congratulations, mama! Sounds like a great experience! Wishing you and your family all the best!!

Enjoy your babymoon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.