Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how are they for full busted gals? I can see that carriers like ergo, mai teis and patapums are great, but there's that strap across the front... how will that fit a full busted gal like myself? I certainly don't want the straps to enhance the bustline...its already big enough.

And are the straps around my waist going to stick into my belly and make my flabby baby belly stick out even more than it does? Ya know, like if I wore a tight belt around my waist...that would make my belly rolls *really* visible.
I am asking in all seriousness... I can't have a carrier that will accentuate all of the things I want to hide!!!!!!! LOL!

:LOL

I looked at the Mts and they seem very complicated compared to an ergo or patapum...is this true?

Sorry so many questions! I am usually a Maya wrap gal!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you wear the mei tai tied like a backpack (around and under your arms-like right under your arm pits) you won't have the straps across you. I usually pull the straps that I tie in front close together, so it doesn't accentuate any "rolls".

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am big chested 40H to be exact
I just tried a Moby Wrap this weekend for the first time and I must say I was really impressed with how well it fit and how it didn't make my already BIG boobs look any bigger.Ofcourse I had my son in the front carry so you can't really see my boobs much anyways.Now if you did like a back carry you would just have to be crafty in how you wrap it.I think the Moby Wrap was far more comfortable than my Freehand Mei Tai and my other carriers hands down! While all the wrapping around the body can be confusing I had it down pat in a few mins and felt very comfortable with my 15 week old in it.He even wanted to fall asleep once I put him in it! :LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only thing you have to watch with a stretchy wrap is getting it tied tight enough to keep baby supported. If you already have a large chest, then as the stretch "gives" over a period of time, baby is going to start sagging and add to the pull to the front. It really depends on how heavy baby is. Some say stretchy wraps work well only with smaller babies. Others don't have problems. I think it is just getting the tightness in tying perfect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have no trouble with a MT - granted I'm not THAT big
somewhere around a 36DD/F - not even sure these days.

Anyway, I do the rucksack carry and it's quite comfortable. I also like my stretchy wrap and don't find my breasts get in the way of that. My pouch is not as comfortable though - maybe that's why?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm a 36K.
I made a frankencozy which has wide enough straps that I can place the straps fully covering my breasts in the X position with the X in front, instead of having to "part the waters" so to speak. It winds up being very cozy and better support than any of my bras. :LOL I believe that the woman who put that pattern online has modified it a touch and is selling them.
BTW you can do the same w/a wrap in the back carrying position, just spread the fabric over your breasts instead of going cross your heart style.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I am a 34F and I love my Ergo!! You don;t have to have it so tight that you can't breathe across your waste. For me, it is much more comfy than a Mei tei. And as for that strap across your chest, I wear it up high enough that it doesn't make them look bigger, because it's more comfy for me to wear it that way. It seemed like to me with other carriers I had to tie the waste so tight to keep him snug enough, with the Ergo, I don;t.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG! THANK YOU GIRLS SO MUCH! These were just the things I needed to know. I am still not positive that I like the way baby's legs are splayed out in the back carry...I am not skinny so baby's legs have to spread pretty far...hmmm maybe I need to start another thread to ask that question! :LOL

thanks again mamas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.