Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds doesn't like to be in the sling if I am actually trying to do something. He seems to be ok if I'm just walking around or talking to people, but if I try to get anything done he puts up a fuss
, so I tend to not use it around the house much. Should I just put him in the bouncy chair if he seems happier there?
BTW The only way he really likes to be carried in it is facing out (kangaroo hold?).
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
oh my gosh...you have my son! i eagerly await any replies. when he was younger i did put him in the bouncy chair(guiltily), now i just put a blanket next to wherever i'm working with some toys and let him play as long as he is happy. my dp complains i don't do much housework, he claims i have a baby handicap. we do the hip carry instead of kangaroo at this point, but still only happy if i'm walking and talking.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
if he's happy in the bouncy seat, great. the problem with the bouncy seat is that once they can sit up, it's no longer a good place to put them.
have you been to www.peppermint.com ? they have got a wonderful selection of slings and carriers. you may find that your son is happier on your back, since then your arms won't constantly be interfering in his personal space.
but don't feel guilty about using the bouncy seat. it's just a tool and as long as you aren't leaving him in it for hours a day, you're doing great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.