Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no problem with delaying solids... DS1 nursed until three and got little besides breastmilk until a year (although I did try the jarred stuff at 6 months because I was in school and having trouble providing enough pumped milk... He refused it all though until he was old enough to pick up chunks of food himself.)

This time around I was planning on waiting until DS2 shows real interest (such as grabbing for our food) before giving him bites and then just letting him eat whatever we eat... But DH, while not attempting to truely "feed" DS2 (4 months), thinks it's fun to put a piece of fruit to his mouth and watch him suck like crazy on it. And while it's cute, I'm wondering if it's harmful? He's not actually ingesting much, just a little bit of the juice I suppose. DH has asthma, which I've heard can be somehow related to early solids but I'm not sure exactly how? Any links or facts I can pass on to him? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.