Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I *think* I may be pg. I'm not charting, so I don't know exactly when I O'd. I took a pg test last Sunday (probably too early) and it was negative. I'm planning to test again tomorrow if AF doesn't show.

She normally announces herself with brown spotting 2 or 3 days before she actually shows up. I hadn't had any spotting at all until this morning, but this spotting is red and there isn't much of it.

DH and I BD'ed last night, and it was, uh, a bit on the enthusiastic side. If I am pg, enthusiastic BD'ing could cause some minor spotting, right?

Just trying to keep the hope alive! lol...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
From what I understand, you are more likely to spot after BDing when you are pregnant. Something about the cervix being engorged with blood.

You have WAY may peestick control than I do. I am impressed.
There is no way I could wait to test!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, pee sticks are super expensive here-- like 10 bucks a pop! So I can't afford not to control myself! I wanted to test today, but DH persuaded me to wait-- in case it's still too early we won't have "wasted" another test!

Glad to hear this spotting could actually be a good sign!!!!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
im in the exact same boat as you.

i got some dollar store tests and took one that turned out negative.
spotted after enthusiastic bd-ing also.

i have two more tests left and im waiting.

i really want another baby too.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I asked a real similar question and here's what I got.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1073038

From what I've read on the forums too, it sounds like spotting after dtd can happen either because you're pregnant, or because you're a few days before AF.

This happened to me, for the first time, and it happened to be cycle that we were trying. However, AF came, so I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.