Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a "natural" sunscreen brand out there that won't drain my wallet?? It seems like everything at our co-op is at LEAST $15, and frankly, for the size of bottle it comes in, I'm not up to spending that money. We're bad about sunscreen as it is (we're on a farm so we're outside all the time and putting sunscreen on just isn't second nature), but I'd like to have something to use on DD at least.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I like Aubrey Organics sunscreen and I get it from Vitaglo for not very much. The green tea sunblock for children is $5.53 for a 4 oz bottle so probably about the same price as coppertone or whatever. Plus Vitaglo has good prices on other stuff and free shipping for over $50. The website is kind of confusing but not too bad once you get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Have you checked Frontier? There are several coops around. Anlonline (a yahoo group) does frontier on a regular basis. Frontier has a bunch for less than $10. The hard thing is finding one with full-spectrum protection, meaning it contains zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, or avobenzone. Otherwise you're protected from a burn, but not skin cancer and other long term effects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts