Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wonder if any knew if it was o.k to give regular vitamin C to a four year old? I've been giving my ds regular vitamin C crunched up in his water when he is sick. It hasn't seem to bother him, but maybe I'm wrong. Any insight

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I can't see why it would not be okay- the vitamin C used in children's chewables is exactly the same kind that is in the adult tablets. The children's just has flavor and sweetner added.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have been giving my kids hylands sodium ascorbate tablets since they were infants.It is quite easy for them to take as they disolve quickly.Vitacost.com sells it fairly cheap.I try not to give chewables since it gets down into the teeth to much.<br>
sara

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
C is a water soluable vit, which means the body doesn't store it but will get rid of any excess. Waaaay too much C could cause diarrhea though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Joan, I figured out the vit c gives you the runs awile ago when I was taking waaay to much. Then I did another vitamin c flush and it did the opposite ohh hello constipation (sorry for the gross)... So thanks again, ladies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts