Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
From the article....

"The Macon Chronicle-Herald reported that three witnesses told police that Allen kicked the child last week, then tried to force the child to smoke a marijuana cigarette. Witnesses said she threatened to punish the child if the marijuana wasn't smoked the right way. "

I can not believe this!!! She needs to be locked up and the child taken from her. This is disgusting. What kind of "mother" would do this?
:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly81
I can not believe this!!! She needs to be locked up and the child taken from her. This is disgusting. What kind of "mother" would do this?
:
She's a child. Well, she was when she had the baby. That doesn't excuse her but it makes me more disgusted with the situation than with the parent.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
She's a child. Well, she was when she had the baby. That doesn't excuse her but it makes me more disgusted with the situation than with the parent.
Yea but 15 is old enough to know right from wrong.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPentor
I see what you are saying....but I am still more disgusted by the fact that she tried to force pot on her son and kicked him. While I certainly don't like to see young kids having babies, *some* young Mothers really do a good job...although I've never met one
and trust me, I've met a lot of young teen moms...it was the "cool" thing to do in my High School.
:

Anyways, in my opinion, she needs to be locked up and have her child taken and put in a LOVING home.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Good gosh!
:

It doesn't matter how old the mother of this child is. I know of adults that smoke pot all the time and think it's okay.
: It's just wrong if it's ever done and especially around little children.

Quote:
Wow. An 18 year old mother of a three year old kid.
That's not uncommon. I've worked with children as young as 12 years old that have given birth to their own child.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPentor
whats up with your sig?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy68
It's just wrong if it's ever done and especially around little children.
Really? Smoking pot is wrong? I assume you are generally against "substances"?

Regarding my young-parent comment. Yes, 15 is old enough to know right from wrong. That's why it doesn't excuse her behavior (as I mentioned before).

Yes, I know that some young mothers are very good. In fact, my cousin got married when she was 15 and had a kid about 7 months later. We all assumed it would go very badly, but it didn't--they are still happily married (have been for about 16 years now I guess) and have three kids.

My point is not a "kids these days" approach. What she did was wrong (especially the kicking) and she should not be the primary gaurdian of that (or any other) child.

My point is that something is wrong when a 15 year old girl that obviously doesn't know right from wrong or how to properly care for another human has a child.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
You know. Pot doesn't bother me. Pot around little kid doesn't bother me, but trying to FORCE a child to injest something 1) known to be illegal really rubs me the wrong way. especially since it wasn't injest by like say brownies or speghetti sauce, but through smoke inhalation.

She sounds like an unfit mother with the kicking and whatnot regardless of her age.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pynki
You know. Pot doesn't bother me. Pot around little kid doesn't bother me, but trying to FORCE a child to injest something 1) known to be illegal really rubs me the wrong way. especially since it wasn't injest by like say brownies or speghetti sauce, but through smoke inhalation.
She sounds like an unfit mother with the kicking and whatnot regardless of her age.
The bolding is me..... I am confused...you said pot around little kids doesn't bother you? But then went on to say what I put in bold..... tech. if someone is smoking pot around little kids, the kids are being "forced to injest something" "though smoke inhalation"

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
You know. Pot doesn't bother me. Pot around little kid doesn't bother me, but trying to FORCE a child to injest something 1) known to be illegal really rubs me the wrong way. especially since it wasn't injest by like say brownies or speghetti sauce, but through smoke inhalation
Pot is so much stronger today than it was in the 60's and 70's. People used to be able to pass joints around and around and now days one hit is plenty. Pot smoked around kids bothers me. I was a kid growing up in the 70's and watched adults smoke around me, roll joints, separate seeds from the weed, I knew what the clips, bong and papers were used for around my home. I don't think it is a good thing to have kids around it. I smoked a little pot B4 kids and now I would never do anything that could possibly jeopardize my family. My sister started using pot and next tried meth.(very common) She was addicted after trying it only once. She ended up losing custody of her daughters, getting in trouble, having health issues and she lost most of her teeth. I guess Pot bothers me.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly81
The bolding is me..... I am confused...you said pot around little kids doesn't bother you? But then went on to say what I put in bold..... tech. if someone is smoking pot around little kids, the kids are being "forced to injest something" "though smoke inhalation"
Well that depends I suppose on whether you are "baking" in an enclosed area with kids or outside and they are just running around playing. Seriously, a bit of pot taking doesn't bother me. But much like I wouldn't allow my kid to drink a bunch of wine with me at 3 I wouldn't let them or MAKE THEM smoke a joint.

Of course I DON'T put pot into the same category of drugs as say meth, or heroin, or coke. Any of those "white" powders. If someone is looking for an escape they are looking for an escape, and it doesn't matter if they tried meth, or coke or heroin 1st and THEN tried pot. They were still "searching" for the same relief regardless of which road they travelled down to begin looking for it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Of course I DON'T put pot into the same category of drugs as say meth, or heroin, or coke.
I don't either. But if you are smoking pot and around other people who use pot chances are you will also be around other drugs at some point...whether you want to or not. I'm not saying that means the person will use them but the chances of other drugs being around are pretty high. That is why I firmly believe drugs shouldn't be around children. Even those recreationally using them. Just not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momof3sweeties
I don't either. But if you are smoking pot and around other people who use pot chances are you will also be around other drugs at some point...whether you want to or not. I'm not saying that means the person will use them but the chances of other drugs being around are pretty high. That is why I firmly believe drugs shouldn't be around children. Even those recreationally using them. Just not a good idea.
this is a huge generalization
and you obviously have not been around too many people who smoke pot

you sound like my conservative fundy sister " oh I know all about what those people do" gives evil eye

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momof3sweeties
Like the caffeine in the pot brownies?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2
Like the caffeine in the pot brownies?

I was thinking more along hte lines of how is it any different than the kids at their parents dinner parties what with all that WINE! and TOBACCO!

I think tobacco is WAY worse than a puff or two of MJ, and I've never even smoked MJ.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts