Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally it doesn't bugg me but dammit, this year it is! For once i'd like to have someone to kiss at midnight! (other then the sleeping lump thats usually next to me) oh well, guess I better get busy getting the house cleaned up, i'm tired of looking at it and the laundry has been sitting there saying "fold me!" for at least 3 weeks now.

· Registered
750 Posts
I feel your pain Satori! It is especially hard this time of year... I'm debating opening the good bottle of wine that my student's parents gave me for Christmas... I don't want to drink it alone and kind of feel like it is wasting it to not share it with someone else. But you know, there won't be anyone else for a long, long time!

So, I just made a cup of yummy tea and while it steeped, I vacuumed and think I'll do some laundry tonight... since no one else in my building will be, I know I'll have it to myself!

Try to enjoy yourself, even if you are feeling sad. This is a whole new year ahead of us, and we need to make the best of it.

Peace,

Karen

· Registered
30 Posts
I feel you guys but for some reason this year I am just not at all pained at being "alone" in terms of a guy. I do miss sex... (18 months later) but it seems like my daughter's diagnosis with Autism has just put my head in a different place. I love her so much more (it's odd). Also, I spend so much more time praying and swimming up stream to get into Source energy maybe it's helping all the way around.

I won't hold me breath though. I could be cryin' in my soup tomorrow.

Happy New Year to all you beautiful women loving your kids.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Ya know.... I was feeling lonely on New Year's as well.... we missed a mini-vacation with our friends because of the stomach flu, my "friend" had dropped off gatorade & chicken soup and did some laundry for us in the a.m. but was wisely keeping himself and his DD at home so as to not contract our illness, and I was up with a vomiting toddler when the clock struck midnight! However, I reminded myself that New Year's Eve is really just another day when you think about it. I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed New Years - it was always a disappointment for one reason or another - so I might as well be home with sick kids! Sad as this sounds, it did make me feel better about missing this holiday. 2005 promises to be a better year for all of us anyhow, so I am happy just to look forward to the future

Happy New Year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.