Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I know the mama who rewrote this pattern as a dress is here somewhere, but I don't have her username! I have a question about the size of the side/armhole openings on this dress. From the picture, it looks like a jumper? Does the child need to wear a shirt under it? That is fine with me, but I'm sort of departing from the pattern a bit, and I'd like to put in an eyelet row so I can thread a ribbon through it. I need your help to figure out where to put it! And I'll show you pics when I'm done, if I ever get there, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lousli
That is fine with me, but I'm sort of departing from the pattern a bit, and I'd like to put in an eyelet row so I can thread a ribbon through it.
Look at what I'm doing with the pockets. (In my blog). It is fun to tinker with. I've also changed the neck, and am going to make i-cord ties, AND line it as well.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!

I'm actually doing the dress in one solid color, sort of a periwinkle. The bottom part that was the green I did as a diamond cable pattern (from Knitting over the edge) and i will attach some 3D knitted flowers iside the diamonds. Then the rest of the dress is just solid, but the eyelet and ribbon i think at the waistline...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lousli
Cool!

I'm actually doing the dress in one solid color, sort of a periwinkle. The bottom part that was the green I did as a diamond cable pattern (from Knitting over the edge) and i will attach some 3D knitted flowers iside the diamonds. Then the rest of the dress is just solid, but the eyelet and ribbon i think at the waistline...
Oooh, it sounds like it will be lovely!!! You must share pictures if you can when you're finished.

I've almost finished the flowers on the remaining three pockets, and then I attach them fully and finish adding leaves, hopefully before bed, but who knows?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you do a google search for "anouk revisited," you'll find a pattern for anouk remade into a dress. I made it for dd - she doesn't need to wear anything underneath it. I love how it came out - am going to make it with heavier yarn next for a winter jumper.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the pattern I'm using! It looks cute so far. It was just hard to tell from the photo how open the sides are. I think I may just sew them up as far as I want if they seem too open to me. I left out the eyelet row this time around as I'm just trying to get used to the pattern. I'm thinking about making it for my dd as well, so with hers I will probably do the eyelet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts