Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
9,385 Posts
The baby on my right has an anterior placenta (Baby A) while Baby B has a posterior placenta, and I can say that I felt Baby A move almost four weeks later than I felt Baby B.

· Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yo Becca View Post

Llyra - are you getting u/s frequently b/c of all the action you've been having?
I've been having one brief scan (about 10 minutes) every month, to get measurements and follow their growth, and to measure my cervical length. I'm told this is the "standard of care" for multiples, whatever THAT means. I've also had two unplanned u/s when the contractions were at their worst, to see if they were changing my cervix. The OB worried that doing a manual exam would only aggravate the contractions, and we needed to know whether they were productive contractions or not, because I delivered my son prematurely never even knowing that I was in labor until a few minutes before he was born. So far I've had 6 scans, I think. It's a lot, and I worry about it sometimes, but honestly it's really reassuring to be able to see that they're all right in there.

· Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyClaire View Post

Stupid question: How can you tell whether you are feeling Baby A or Baby B? My baby (assuming it is just one) is moving all over --- I have no idea how I'd be able to differentiate between one baby or another if there were two. Are twins more "locked" into one position than singletons?
In my case, the twins are in separate sacs, with a membrane between them, and one is very clearly on the left, and the other on the right. Twin A is A because she's a bit lower down, closer to my cervix, so she'd be born first if I delivered vaginally.

I don't get any movement at all in the middle, just on one side or the other. And they've been head-down and pretty fixed in their position for awhile now. It's a lot more crowded in there-- the movement feels more like what you get at 34 or 35 weeks with a singleton. So it's pretty clear which one is moving when they move. It's weird, too, because I'm always comparing them-- Baby A is WAY more active than B most days, but every once in a while, B will kick A's butt for a day or two.
Literally, I'm sure....

I have a great u/s pic of A kicking B in the head, which B tries really hard to squirm away.

I would guess that with twins in one sac, or twins in a less clearly defined position, it would be pretty hard to tell which baby you're feeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.