Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I searched all over the web and youtube for an explaination of what it is. I can not understand all the intellectauk ideas. I need Anthroposophy for Dummys edition. Lol. Plain english please? Thanks.

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
Ok, so I searched all over the web and youtube for an explaination of what it is. I can not understand all the intellectauk ideas. I need Anthroposophy for Dummys edition. Lol. Plain english please? Thanks.
Alas, I don't think there is an easy description. But I'll try.

Anthroposophy is a path for the modern individual from our everyday consciousness to an awake experience of the spiritual world.

sort of like yoga for the modern human being!

Do you have any specific questions? I'll try to answer them.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alas, I don't think there is an easy description. But I'll try.

Anthroposophy is a path for the modern individual from our everyday consciousness to an awake experience of the spiritual world.

sort of like yoga for the modern human being!

Do you have any specific questions? I'll try to answer them.
Of topic - do you believe in vaccines? Anyways, I was researching Stiener and it was saying the connection to anthroposophy. I heard he believed in reincarnation, karma and the spirit world. True? I called the local Waldotf school and they told me that they teach it to their teachers but not to the studenrs. I am glancing through the Waldorf posts about peoples negative experiences with this. I use to be in Wicca so I did believe in all that ... I guess I closed my mind to that but I dont mind it. I also heard that Steiner was racist? I dont know I am just confused about this whole thing.

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
Of topic - do you believe in vaccines? Anyways, I was researching Stiener and it was saying the connection to anthroposophy. I heard he believed in reincarnation, karma and the spirit world. True? I called the local Waldotf school and they told me that they teach it to their teachers but not to the studenrs. I am glancing through the Waldorf posts about peoples negative experiences with this. I use to be in Wicca so I did believe in all that ... I guess I closed my mind to that but I dont mind it. I also heard that Steiner was racist? I dont know I am just confused about this whole thing.
I'm very critical of vaccines. My family has been critical of vaccines for generations.

Steiner didn't "believe". He said that he had direct experience.

I went to a waldorf school. As a teenager I started asking questions about Steiner. I was told I wasn't old enough to get into anthroposophy and should wait.

In terms of the racism thing, Steiner was born in the 1860s and grew up in Europe. So he definitely comes across sometimes (not a lot) as a man of his time and place. I don't think that current anthroposophists are racists (there could be exceptions).

It is perfectly possible to have a negative experience in a waldorf school. They are organizations run by people and people screw up.

However, people who claim that waldorf schools are evil and dangerous as a general rule are not reliable sources. I've attended a waldorf school as a student along with two of my younger siblings, had a daughter in two different schools, my grandchildren are currently in elementary school and high school at two different schools and I worked at a waldorf school as an administrator. Plus I'm acquainted with a lot of waldorf school teachers and have visited a number of schools. As I said, they are not perfect and bad stuff happens. An evil cult operating with sinister plans? Nope, that is just silliness. Honestly, I would have noticed by now.

Reactions: applejuice
1 - 6 of 6 Posts