Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter (13 months) came down with a pretty bad diaper rash on Sunday, for the second time in 2 weeks. We have had no diet changes or changes to our detergent. We've been cloth diapering for almost 3 months now, and no changes to anything.

Anyway, the first bout cleared up quickly with one day in disposables and some Desitin that we had on hand. This time it's different--her whole bum was bright red for a day, and now she has one bright red (almost like the skin has worn away?) spot about the size of a quarter. It wasn't responding to Desitin or Boudreaux's Butt Paste, so we spoke to the chemist and are trying Canesten Cream, main ingredient is clotrimazole. An anti-fungal cream.

My question (sorry...it took me a while to get there!) is whether or not it's okay to use this cream with cloth. It gets applied 2-3 times a day. I was wondering if it would be alright to use disposables immediately after the applications, and then return to cloth for the rest of the time? I hate using disposables, but don't want to ruin my diapers, either.

Also, is there any special cloth diaper care I need to be aware of for after the rash clears up? We use primarily bG 2.0 pockets, but have a couple of fitteds and AIOs, too.

TIA...I am new here!

Kelly

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
use a liner with bum gnius. We had a major yeast problem (2 months) and the antifungals caused my dipes to repel. I had to strip them with dawn and disenfect with bleach. I called cottonbabies and they talked me through it. Goodluck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UH-OH! I might already be in trouble. I put the anti-fungal on three times a day, and those times I use a disposable. The rest of the time I am using my CDs, because I figure the cream is gone. Then I am washing on 90C for my hot wash (I normally do 60). I am not having any repelling or anything...should I still strip with Dawn/etc. once the yeast is gone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.