Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
do these people from kansas not have anything better to do with their time than harass teenagers in other states?

Validating ones' beliefs by bullying those having other beliefs is a sign of cowardice.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Quote:
In a phone interview yesterday, however, Abigail Phelps, 36, the youngest of Pastor Fred Phelps' 13 children, said 10 to 15 members from their church will fly to New Hampshire to protest tonight's graduation, starting 30 minutes before the ceremony.
I knew it was the Phelps guy again!

Quote:
The group is coming to deliver a message, she said. "It is not okay to be gay. To pretend like you can live like a devil and go to heaven is a mistake."
I think for right now the kid just wants to get his diploma!

Quote:
In "another logical extension" of the church's beliefs, Abigail Phelps said God is punishing America by killing troops in Iraq because "an entire generation . . . says it is okay to be gay."
What does one thing have to do with another?

·
Banned
628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bri276
wtf are they protesting? a gay kid can't even get a high school diploma?

That's what I was thinking. They're protesting this kid getting an EDUCATION? Or is it that they can't stand a person who hasn't been shamed into being something that he's not?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Where does this group get the money it needs to go flying off to another state because they heard a GAY STUDENT is there?

Maybe they should protest at all high schools. I mean, 10% of people are homosexual; shouldn't they cover all the bases?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Why are they protesting the fallen soldier's funeral?

I'm not surprised that they're going to protest it. I just feel for the whole school and the families that are trying to get their kids "graduated" and on with their lives.

Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
Fred Phelps rides again.

Seriously - this man is lucky no one has taken him out before this.

Ugh.

If you go to his website, you will see that he honestly believes our GLBTQ folks should be executed post haste. He is truly a hate filled evil man.

He DOES NOT represent Christanity at all...he represents his own warped version of some belief that is vaguely spun off the bible.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CerridwenLorelei
if they are so anit this that and the other ( and from what I have seen phelps is of just about everything) WHY were he and his children Watching MTV ? Isn't MTV sinful along those lines in and of itself???
Maybe they watch MTV and other "hellevision" to look for horrible sinners to protest against.

·
Banned
628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdinaL
Fred Phelps rides again.

Seriously - this man is lucky no one has taken him out before this.

Ugh.

If you go to his website, you will see that he honestly believes our GLBTQ folks should be executed post haste. He is truly a hate filled evil man.

He DOES NOT represent Christanity at all...he represents his own warped version of some belief that is vaguely spun off the bible.

After reading your post AdinaL, I did check out his website. I've never seen anything like that in my entire life. I cannot believe that is a church's homepage.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CerridwenLorelei
if they are so anit this that and the other ( and from what I have seen phelps is of just about everything) WHY were he and his children Watching MTV ? Isn't MTV sinful along those lines in and of itself???
Camp Jim was like the most awesomest show ever. I love that male cheerleader Jim!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdinaL
Thank you. I believe this is very true.

What makes this even more
is this, about the student in question:

Quote:
Bettencourt, who is not graduating this year, could not be reached for comment yesterday
WTF? This isn't even HIS graduation? They're protesting that the kid is there? Or what? Why don't they have "troops" out at every school in the nation if that's the case?

I cannot even stomach this Phelps family.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Phelps is just all-around crazy, I think.

He's the same guy that said that the US deserved what happened on 9/11 because it was God's punishment for the country's acceptance of homosexuality.

Quote:
When asked the significance of his sign : "Thank God for 9/11," he responded: "Anybody who fears God should thank Him for all His judgments. They sing 'God Bless America,' but they don't give Him the credit He deserves for His chastening hand. He showed us a taste of His wrath so people would repent of their sins but these people won't repent because they're stiff-necked. And they will reap what they sow."
(i think it was in the Lowell MA Sun newspaper)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts