Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think the anti-pill fleece from Hancocks is better than Joann's. It will work well. It will get a bit pilly, but after a few washes you won't notice it getting any worse and it should still look pretty good. I think you will have compression problems if your insert is completely soaked and you have the baby in a car seat or in a sling. The other day my ds was in a sling and when he peed I felt it! But by the time I got him out of there my t-shirt was damp, the insert was damp, but the fleece already felt completely dry. I just bought some Windpro so I am curious to see if it is any better. I got the lightweight Windpro which is super thin and soft, but it seems pretty dense so hopefully it will work.

But my ds runs around in pockets made with Hancock fleece every day and I don't have any problems. I love them! I would prefer to have the breathability of the diaper and have to occasionally deal with compression leaking problems rather than deal with sweaty hot PUL all of the time.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just now getting back to this board. I was gonna say that I already had an answer to my questions thanks to amberthesugarcat, when I saw your reply!!

This is even more great info!!! I was thinking about ordering some fleece from Joann's online because we don't have one around here, and Hancock is an hour and fifteen minute drive. But now I think I will wait since you have more probs with Joann's fleece. Also I will see what other's experience has been with windpro. It may be worth the wait and the extra cost. I just don't like sacrificing the lack of colors to choose from.

I still have the anti-pill from Hancock that I will play with for a while.

Thanks so very much!!!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I really think all fleece works pretty good as long as you don't expect miracles. Since I have diapers made with Joann's, Hancock's, and Walmart fleece I feel that I am an experienced cheap fleece person. They all work about the same (except one fleece I got from Walmart that did not say no-pill and pilled like crazy... Yet I have purchased other ones that did not say no-pill and they did not pill much. I can't figure it out.). But no mattter how much they pilled they all kept dry to the touch unless the insert was soaked or my ds was in his sling.

I think cheap fleece makes wonderful at home diapers, and just use the Windpro or PUL for when you go out and worry about any compression wicking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.