Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anti-vaccine doctors – naming names and listing lists

If you're on facebook you've probably seen a list shared by people of the anti/non-vaccine variety of "doctors" who are against or speak out against vaccines.

Well, a man named Zared Schwartz decided to go through them all and look up each one. The results are pretty epic. So go ahead and share this whenever you see that list of doctors pop up ;)

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

I won't post them all, but this is an example of some in the first group, A-I:

David Ayoub – A radiologist who is neither an expert in autism nor toxicology and believes the illuminati is using vaccines as a means of population control.
Nancy Banks – Anti-Semitic HIV/AIDS denialist and holocaust denier who has no background in infectious diseases, has never done research, and only made self-published books.
Toni Bark – A homeopath (see Note 2) who is an expert in hypnotherapy and sells many “quality” health and beauty products on her blog.
Mary Ann Block – An osteopathic “physician” who promotes homeopathy (see Note 2). She’s also affiliated with Generation Rescue, which is organization that once pandered MMS, industrial bleach, as an autism “treatment” () and wants to take autism out of the DSM because she doesn’t understand the DSM lists neurological, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
Jeff Bradstreet – An ex-minister who became a full-on quack and pandered multiple unproven “treatments” for multiple diseases/conditions. He killed himself to avoid prosecution from the FDA. One of these “treatments” includes using exorcism to “cure” autism.
Kelly Brogan – A holistic “psychiatrist” for women’s health who is an HIV denier. She also tried to inform people with diabetes to avoid insulin. If you doubt her medical knowledge, just give her all of your money buying her water filtration system, sauna, mattress, etc.
Jayne Donegan – A general practitioner who turned her back on science-based medicine in order to promote homeopathy (see Note 2) and other medical quackery. She was tossed out of court as a “witness statement” for providing junk science.
Mayer Eisenstein – A doctor who was first to thought of administering Lupron, a chemical castration drug, to children as an autism “treatment. He was also involved in one of the largest U.S. wrongful death lawsuits awarded ($30 million) to a family in history. Despite his track record and due to his belief in the autism/vaccine myth, he noted, “every doctor now essentially in this country has done something as heinous as the Nazis did, unknowingly.”
Philip Incao – A germ theory denialist, who is also into HIV denialism (pdf). He was involved in giving a HIV positive toddler antibiotics in an area that he was not licensed to practice in, did not recommend the incredibly sick child to go to a hospital, and the child died the next morning.
There are sources and hyperlinks for each name on the page, they just don't paste over here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is scary to me. It is an unfortunate side effect of many physicians refusing to see unvaccinated children. There parents are absolutely convinced that vaccines cause every ailment under the sun, so they are going to avoid them at all costs. So they start looking for Dr.s that will affirm their beliefs. And then I fear the kids not only are not getting the benefits of vaccines, but they are getting dangerous treatments like chemical castration for autism, antibiotics for HIV infection, and physicians who don't believe in germ theory. Their parents are being financially exploited, and many of these physicians are just scam artists preying on the belief that vaccines cause autism, allergies, developmental delays, seizures, down syndrome etc. Other parents just avoid medical care all together. It is concerning.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Agreed. I find the lack of belief in germ theory particularly scary.

And anyone who can think homeopathic remedies are anything other than a placebo is not someone I'd trust to assess evidence on anything.

Reactions: teacozy

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Also I don't get why the conflicts of interest - the fact that many of these people are seeking financial gain by persuading people mainstream medicine is dangerous - aren't more of a concern.

Reactions: teacozy

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I don't get why the conflicts of interest - the fact that many of these people are seeking financial gain by persuading people mainstream medicine is dangerous - aren't more of a concern.
Conflicts of interest only matter when it comes from pro-vaccine doctors, apparently. Sigh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts