Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By 2018, Sherwin Williams will have an antibacterial paint available for $85+ a gallon. Really? Unless a child has an acute immunity problem, why would parents use this?

This reminds me of wallpaper saturated with DDT in the 1940s to ward off flies that supposedly caused polio. Therefore the wallpaper contained arsenic and the paint had lead. But no flies!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...al-paint-paint-shield-antibacterial/74702516/

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Orrrr you could just not lick the walls. :|

Would that even do any good for a kid with immune deficiency?

ETA- My teen just wandered in and pointed out that we did in fact have to tell the little ones not to lick windowsills because our house was built when lead paint was still in use, lol. I still wouldn't buy antibacterial anything,though. :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
By 2018, Sherwin Williams will have an antibacterial paint available for $85+ a gallon. Really? Unless a child has an acute immunity problem, why would parents use this?

This reminds me of wallpaper saturated with DDT in the 1940s to ward off flies that supposedly caused polio. Therefore the wallpaper contained arsenic and the paint had lead. But no flies!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...al-paint-paint-shield-antibacterial/74702516/
I can't believe this will be approved, since other antibacterial products are being removed from sale as hazardous to the environment.

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, SchoolmarmDE. You are correct.

One theory about so much allergies in America is that we are germ-o-phobic and our immune system does not get the workout it is supposed to have. With C dificil, e Coli, antibiotics everywhere and that flesh eating bacteria taking over, we need to re-think our disease prevention protocols and learn from the mistakes of the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts