Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:

I know that no woman has ever stayed pregnant forever, but I am thinking I might be the first. And here are all the reasons I should NOT be feeling this way right now. (ticking off on fingers)...

1. My edd is the 19th.

2. I was 2 weeks late with dd - so I know how tense a late babe is.

3. My MW said on Monday she thought I would go close to my due date but probably not too far after it.

4. Stressing about it is not going to make it happen any faster. He will come when he is ready.

And to top it off, I am still working even though it is draining and exhausting me. This stubborn mule says I am not going to sit around waiting for this baby and wasting my precious 12 weeks of FMLA twiddling my thumbs and "resting". By golly, I am going to continue to work hard 12 hour shifts taking care of critically ill patients even though I know I am NOT the best nurse in the world right now, and even volunteer to take the heaviest sickest patients that I am probably going to have take to CT scan or Radiology because I am going to WORK this baby out of me.

So thanks for being with me on this one, Mamas. It is so good to know that there are other women out there who are as crazy as I am!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow-I'm impressed! I'm a nurse,too,and have not worked on the floor for a few wks now.I'm doing a few days of office work,and even that is wearing me out! I'm not "due" til the 16th,but I am soo ready. Guess we'll just have to hang in there....

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm definitely in awe! I don't feel so bad about my 8 hour a day desk job, now.
If you keep working like that, there is noo waay you'll stay pregnant forever

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I took today OFF. I just couldn't sleep last night. I had to get up to pee, literally, every 30 minutes and I just couldn't fall asleep between. Does this mean the baby has dropped?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I'm impressed, too!

I gave up at 36 weeks and whined to my midwife and got a note out of work. (My BP was climbing, I was swelling, but mostly I was just miserable and whiney) I'm a much more pleasant person now.

But, you go girl!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.