Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started experience some anxiety and I am trying hard to fight it. I have never had a M/C so I don't know where the fear comes from. With my first baby I was so anxious I rented a doppler.

I am finding myslef examining every symptom and debating whether or not my symptoms are going away. This is extremly unhelpful to my state of mind. Last night I dreamt I was bleeding

With my 1st I had about 2 weeks of knowing I was pregnant before I got really sick so I want to just relax and enjoy this time but I'm so nervous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Me too--you're not alone! I am so much more aware of what can go wrong with a baby/birth than I was with my first 2 pregnancies and I am finding myself worrying about every little thing and examining each and every symptom and I am having a hard time not worrying. I keep trying to pray and let God handle my concerns for me but it is really hard!
I hope after we reach the 12 week mark, we can relax a little.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Me too! I'm an anxious person normally, so I'm really having to work at staying relaxed. We had a miscarriage in December so my fear is heightened right now.

I'm just trying to relax as much as I can but its so hard to do!

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Me too! This is my 3rd and I've never had a miscarriage either. I actually googled ectopic symptoms last night and went to bed really paranoid. I have no idea why. I have anxiety/irrational fear issues anyhow so this is throwing me for a loop.

I'm sorta happy about it though. I'd rather it be this (because I am used to it and have an arsenal of coping techniques anyway) than the prenatal depression I normally get.

My SIL is due 2 weeks before me and has had a miscarriage. They had sort of a rough go round in general trying to get their first. So we're sitting here the other day and she says (and I quote exactly here), "Now I just hope I don't miscarriage because it would be really hard on me to have that happen and then have to see you have your baby." I knew where she was coming from and I felt bad for her but my first thought was, "way to lay on the potential guilt!" Her comment keeps coming back to me and it isn't helping at all.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think pg hormones aggravate anxiety. I struggled with anxiety while buying a house during my last pregnancy. It was so severe I couldn't think or talk about the house without nearly throwing up. It made me panicky and light headed too. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced. My only suggestion is to seek out a counselor if it doesn't go away or starts getting worse. Therapy can be very helpful. Anxiety can lead to depression so working through this is important for you and your baby.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Oh man, me too.

I have serious anxiety issues anyways (after ds2 was born, I would lie awake every night worrying that the house would burn down/ someone would break in and kill us all... not exactly realistic fears), and this pregnancy all I can think of is the possibility of things going wrong... well, that and baby names.

I have never had a miscarriage (knock on wood), yet I am checking the tp after using the bathroom every single time. I just want to hear the heartbeat and skip over this dang trimester.

Hugs for all of us crazy anxious people.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one but sorry all of you are anxious too. I know that in a few weeks I'll be miserable but today I was happy when I started feeling like I might vomit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.