Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to EC but I am nervous about starting with a newborn and keeping up with a toddler. My 2yo is still in diapers and I just anticipate being overwhelmed. So I'm curious how other moms do it. I know plenty of you do! Thanks.

Autumn

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I didn't EC my first (24 months when #2 was born, still in dipes) and had the same concerns at first. I started by focusing on EC during the evening hours when my husband was home and could watch the toddler, or after the toddler was in bed. Once I gained some confidence, I started pottying him more during the day. But for those early days trying to figure out his patterns, it was easier with one kid to deal with.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i wanted to bump this, as i am planning on ecing # 2 when it is born...luckily we realized the ec thin gby the time # was 1...so i have confidence...it is just the whole new baby thing and also adding in the toddler factor...she is totaly indepently using ht ebig potty tho.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My 1st DS (Michael) is 20 months (still in diapers) and I have a 5 1/2 week old DS (Jacob) who I have been ECing from the start. For me it hasn't been too overwhelming, Jacob is usually very clear when he has to go. He will first start grunting and then get progressively angrier until I take him. Michael is pretty interested when I take Jacob to the bathroom and he has started to say "pss" after he pees. I am hoping to start with Michael but that is a whole other topic.

I also worried when I was pregnant that ECing a newborn would be very difficult with a toddler but I just dived right in and take it one day at a time. I don't worry too much if when I have misses which I think is key to not getting stressed about ECing. Good luck!

Sarah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts