Mothering Forum banner

Any advice?

396 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  nonniecita
Hi everyone!
My one-year old dd has recently, the past week, or so, has been making my left nipple sore. She has her 2 bottom and 2 top teeth and has had them for a while now, so I'm not sure why it's happening. It's kinda like she's bearing down with her top 2 teeth and it's only the left nipple that she does this, doesn't happen w/the right. Has anyone else gone thru this? Any suggestions? It's not bleeding yet but really starting to hurt and I don't want it to become a problem.
TIA,
Michelle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I had that when my DS's teeth were new, but it disappeared a couple weeks later when they got used to the new teeth. Tell your child "owie" or "you hurt mama", kind of calmly when it gets bad. At a year they understand and will adjust.

Here's some more info on biting / chewing / nipple pain:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html
You might want to make sure her latch is correct. It's not unusual for a toddler's latch to get a bit "lazy." Another thought is-- could it be thrush? That can cause soreness. Do you have a local LLL group you could consult?
MaryJaneLouise--thanks for the kellymom info...that's exactly what's going on! I really appreciate it.

Sunnysideup--it's not thrush, thank goodness, thank you for replying!!!

thanks again

Michelle
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.