Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm brand new on this site, but have been reading the magazine since my oldest was a month old--over 5 years, now!

We just recently moved to Utah from our home state of Oregon, where we had the same wonderful pediatrician since our dd was 2 days old....I'm really mourning the loss of having an AP-friendly pediatrician. We haven't yet connected with any like-minded families, yet, and I was hoping someone here could recommend a pediatrician/family practice doctor who won't be horrified by our decisions to:
*homebirth
*breastfeed despite difficulties, and beyond six months

*co-sleep
*delay some vaccines and avoid others altogether
*homeschool

Having lactation consultants available in the office would be a real plus!

Any suggestions? PLEASE?????

Thanks so much,

Sarah

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome! Well, he's not in Sandy but he's worth the drive. Dr. Lam at Alpine Medical downtown is awesome. We do no vaccinations, BF, attach, etc. and he's great. The thing I liked about him best was he didn't just "tolerate" our decision to not vaccinate but he's also been supportive by educating us on what we need to do to protect our son, i.e. probiotics, etc. He also has an LC on staff. We live in Murray and have no problem with the drive.Then again, we're from Detroit originally and everything's a drive there. Best wishes!
Mary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts