Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas!

I'm just curious to see if there are any athletic moms here eating TF style. I've been learning about it for a couple years now, but haven't been able to implement it for very long (raised vegan, so eating loads of animal foods is still a texture issue for me). I just started hardcore training (running) and am having all kinds of joint issues (which is scary, because I'm only 23) and major adrenal fatigue (which I've had for years). I'm almost certain TF would fix it all...but I'm still trying to figure out how to do it and still run a lot. It's assumed in the athletic world that carbohydrates (glucose) are the fuel that the muscles use while being used for endurance. How would I make that work while eating TF?

Thanks for anyone who has any experience/information!
Sarah

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am very athletic and I do eat TF style. I am recently trying to recover from adrenal fatigue myself due to life circumstances and have recently upped my CLO intake and raw milk as well as taking magnesium citrate. I don't eat a ton of meat because I am a recovering veg*n myself

Sorry I can't really help you out a whole lot, just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Hopefully someone else will reply, until then I am
:

Jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm a marathon runner who eats this way, and i've found that eating enough fat really helps with joint injury issues, and having enough energy for those long distance runs. but i also tend to eat a lot more carbs than most people on this forum, especially fueling for and recovering from runs. that's been really helpful -- eat higher carbs especially just after running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.