Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Montclair and I used cloth with my first... now I have lazily switched to disposables
I used a diaper service.. do you? You aren't nuts! It's the best way to go. My mom used cloth diapers on all 5 of her kids... washed them by hand and all.... So I'm used to it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cloth diapering in South Orange about 80-90 percent of the time... but I'm a lazy cd user... have imse vimse AIO that are incredible. I'm in Montclair a lot - any mom / playdate groups I should know about? Would LOVE to meet more like minds...

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm a future cloth diapering mom in maplewood... almost as close as south orange!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey, Maplewood/So Orange/Montclair moms--any interest in getting together? We can't seem to find any like-minded people in Scotch Plains! (I'm sure they're out there, but not where DD and I hang out...sigh...)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just wanted to say your not crazy and I sympathize with "other" people thinking you are. My ds is 3 now, but I cd'ed him since he was 2 months old and did it 100% even when i took him to my job pt and the comments I would have to here from my co-workers and others even family and friends..its unfortunate that people are not more supportive of the people that are choosing cd instead of disposies that are so bad for the environment and babies skin.
Hopefully more people will catch on! I think its great all you mama's are cd'ing even pt

RayRay~

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'm in Montclair. I'm surprised you're getting that reaction. Seems like everyone's pretty live-and-let-live around here. There's a lot of support for bfing, and organic foods...maybe a little less support for the full AP package.

Anyone want to get together?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'd love to meet up, as long as you don't mind that i won't have an actual baby for another 4 months!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
We aren't so close, I am lucky enough, however, to have a friend very close by (a block away) with nearly all the same interests, including cloth diapering! Everyone else does think I'm nuts in my parenting style. I did just meet her really about a year ago though, so the moral of the story is: keep looking, and keep up the cding!
:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyMama View Post
I'm in Scotch Plains, about 20 min. away I think. I cd part time--does that count?
Most moms I know around here think I'm crazy too.
Hi TinyMama! I'm in Fanwood and do cloth- and my neighbor is the one who inspired me because she did cloth!

To OP, I know there is a Holistic Moms group based in Cranford and some of them do cloth. I was so excited when they had a meeting at my local park and I saw one of them had CD and other crunchy bumper stickers on her minivan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.