Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I don't know if this is the result of my previous miscarriage or just my personality, but I'm feeling extra anxious as I wait for my next ultrasound appointment. The thing that's making me feel so squirrely are my very, very mild symptoms. While I'm glad to not be vomiting or weeping all the time, it would be nice to feel consistently pregnant.

Here's the thing - I also have almost no symptoms when my period is approaching. I've never had a cramp bad enough to take something for it and bleeding is always pretty light. While I'm grateful, it always worried me that something was weird hormonally.

So here's the question - people who have crazy intense pregnancy symptoms, do you also have serious PMS/period symptoms? Other people with mild or non-existent symptoms, do you also have mild or non-existent PMS/period symptoms?

This is the least scientific way to investigate this, I'm sure, but I need something to distract me!

-Michelle

P.S. As I was typing this, my husband came in and asked how I was feeling. When I said, "Feeling fine" he looked happy, then sad, and then confused. I said, "I was a little nauseous earlier, so I'm doing okay." And he somehow smiled and looked concerned at the same time. I can't wait to stop obsessing about symptoms!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello all!
I don't know if this is the result of my previous miscarriage or just my personality, but I'm feeling extra anxious as I wait for my next ultrasound appointment. The thing that's making me feel so squirrely are my very, very mild symptoms. While I'm glad to not be vomiting or weeping all the time, it would be nice to feel consistently pregnant.

Here's the thing - I also have almost no symptoms when my period is approaching. I've never had a cramp bad enough to take something for it and bleeding is always pretty light. While I'm grateful, it always worried me that something was weird hormonally.

So here's the question - people who have crazy intense pregnancy symptoms, do you also have serious PMS/period symptoms? Other people with mild or non-existent symptoms, do you also have mild or non-existent PMS/period symptoms?

This is the least scientific way to investigate this, I'm sure, but I need something to distract me!

-Michelle

P.S. As I was typing this, my husband came in and asked how I was feeling. When I said, "Feeling fine" he looked happy, then sad, and then confused. I said, "I was a little nauseous earlier, so I'm doing okay." And he somehow smiled and looked concerned at the same time. I can't wait to stop obsessing about symptoms!
Oh honey, so sorry you are going through this. I also lost my last pregnancy at 10w, so I'm also anxious most of the time. Don't know if I'm ready to bond with this little one or not.

That being said, I had five pregnancies, the first two were blissfull, no symptoms whatsoever, the third one was a mild one just like the fourth. Now this fifth one, is crazy. I have nausea all the time, sleepy, grumpy, you name it. Now PMS, I have never had any problem with it, maybe a little acne here and there, but nothing major. I do bleed abundantly, although that has lessened with the years.

So I guess there is no relation for me between PMS and pregnancy sysmptoms. I hope that makes you feel a little better!

hughs

·
Registered
244 Posts
For me last time early pregnancy symptoms were about the same as PMS symptoms. Cramps, achy back and legs, moodiness. I have always bled pretty heavily during periods, and have at least one day painful enough to take an advil. This time around I hardly feel pregnant at all. Before getting pregnant this time I wasn't haven't regular periods due to breastfeeding. but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I know I have the same hormones in me this time as I did before. It's just that my body is responding differently and tolerating better with number 2. As long as you you don't have any alarming symptoms you should be just fine. I would try not to worry too much. Waiting is all you can do. You will feel much better after your belly really starts to grow, and then you can feel the baby move.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It is a somewhat strange state of being... I know I am pregnant because my period didn't come and I peed on a stick and made a line appear: yet I cannot see or feel the baby inside me. I am having signs of pregnancy, some nausea, much fatigue, some pains here and there, yet no one looking at me would know.

I really enjoy being visibly pregnant, sharing the joy with friends and strangers alike. This phase? It's kind of weird. And I almost resent feeling so sick sometimes and yet no one can see why!

At any rate, some lucky women apparently are completely free of morning sickness (at least in some pregnancies) and if this is you I would try to be grateful! (I know, easier said than done...) As the weeks go by we will have plenty of evidence of the babies kicking and growing inside our bellies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, folks! I just always want there to be an explanation, but I guess I better learn to let go of all that.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I have awful, heavy periods but pregnancy is so kind to me. I only ever threw up maybe three times with my first two.

I lost one at 14 weeks after having the same level of nausea as the other two, so I'm worrying about the lack of anything awful right along with you. I feel generally great so, yay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts