Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wanting to see if there are any people out there who are conservative. I'm just wondering who you are and what makes you a conservative!

I guess I'll start...I'm a mom of a 2.5 year old boy and an 8 month old girl. Both my dh and I are conservatives, although I think he's a lot more conservative than me! I found it odd that I haven't run across any other conservatives here. I feel like I can still be an NFL mama and conservative (I do truly respect people and the fact that we don't all agree on issues).

I guess I'm a conservative because I'm a Christian, prolifer, and a Bush supporter. I hope no one berates me for this

S.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Me too.....

I am Catholic, pro life, not sure who I exactly support, but I am not anti Bush

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me three!

I was beginning to wonder if there were any of us out here!?
We are Christian, pro-life, pro-bush. We just happen to agree
with conservatives a ton more than we do the liberals. We also happen
to think that we need way less government!

Anyway...good to meet you both!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
:
(love that smilie!)

I'm a conservative.

We're *way* conservative Evangelical Christians, pro-life, pro-Bush for the most part. Dh is more conservative than me, as well.

I tend to keep pretty quiet about these sorts of things. The response to conservative opinions here is not always sweetness and light. :LOL I do love MDC though. It was the place I went most often when I was dealing with post-dates pregnancy and pressures to induce/C-section, as well as a great resource and encouragement for breastfeeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, slinging, etc.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
me too, I'm no where near as conservative as my dh, but he says if I won't use birth control cuz it's abortifacient then I'm conservative, LOL! I'm also Christian, and not anti-Bush....I like to think I have a nice middle ground, lol.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah! So nice to meet you mamas! I was getting concerned that maybe I was the only one here! Even though I know we're proabably in the minority for our views, I still love MDC- and I still respect the mamas that have different beliefs than me.

I'd love to keep this thread going if we can. I'm going to be gone the rest of the weekend, but will try to write a little more when I get back. Thanks so much for posting!!!

S.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi! Conservative, christian, voted-for-Bush family here too! Though we don't completely agree with everything Bush...especially with regard to illegal immigration.

Like cappuccinosmom I have found not all to be "sweetness and light" with regard to my type of politics, so I don't have too much to say about it here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My friend recently called me a crunchy conservative, so I fit on this thread! I am a pro-life, Bush supporting Republican. Less government, all that good stuff.
: I listen to Rush Limbaugh and NPR. Love them both!

The other day at La Leche League somebody said that breastfeeding is a *very* feminist issue. I agree. I said, "I don't know if I qualify as a feminist because I'm a Republican, but women's issues are important to me, too." The look on one woman's face was a tad bit incredulous, but that's okay! I know LLL is not political, so it may even be good that I threw out that Republicans support breastfeeding, since most people probably think feminist=Democrat.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.