Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I read Eat Right 4 Your Type and followed the diet (I am an A). I was on it for about a year, and felt the best that I had in years. My frequent headaches were even GONE! Then I was pregnant and was afraid that I wasn't getting enough protein (which I probably was!), so I went off the diet. My DD is now 2 1/2 years old, and I am still not back on the diet. I have never forgotten it though. Surprise, surprise, my headaches are back in full force and I am having trouble getting rid of this extra 20 pounds. So.... just wondering if anyone out there is on the diet and maybe we can give each other some support!

Thanks,

Patti

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I've read the book too when it first came out. I am a blood type O and according to the book need to eat more protein and fat. I was a vegan and not feeling well - tired, anemic, too thin, etc. I have been told by other natural practioners too that I need more concentrated protein in my diet. I have been trying to eat more protein and find I feel so much better when I do but I don't always stick to it.

I was cooking at a health food store deli when the book came out and I had many people tell me that following the diet made a big difference for them.

Anyway, I am not following it specifically - like not eating potatoes or strawberries or little exact things like that but I feel like I want to follow the principle behind the O bloodtype.

It also makes some sense to me because I have always beleived that one diet does not work for everyone. Some do well on vegetarian or higher carb and others do well on a higher protein, lower carb diet. Some feel good eating meat, while others do not, etc.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I never tried that particular diet, but have tried other "type" diets, such as~
The Ayurvedic "dosha" diet (I am a pitta), the Body Type Diet by Dr. Abravinol (I am a G-type), and the Chinese Element Diet (I was fire)...
all these diets were very different, but the funny thing was I felt improved health and energy on all of them. I think s far as food preferances go, I enjoyed the Ayurvedic diet the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.