Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been itching to get an Ergo and was wondering if they can be used during the last trimester of pregnancy. I'm not huge yet in front and I've been still carrying DD in a slingset pouch in a hip carry but can't do it for more than a half hour or so. We're going to Cape Cod soon and I'd like a carrier I can use for most of the day.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I can't get the Ergo on anymore. I use my Mei Tei instead. It can be adjusted to tie above the belly. If you really want to wear the Ergo you could try it with the strap extender, but I don't think it would be comfortable.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
We have Ergo and my husband loves it. I never really cared for it too much exept when we are walking around a mall (I haven't used it since I got pg), but my husband does alot.

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
I haven't used the ergo at all since I found out I was pregnant. I just feel weird putting pressure on my tummy.

I do love it for my toddler, can't wait to wear it again! I did just buy a Gypsymama wrap to see if there was a way to carry DS, maybe tying it above the belly... can't wait to get it in the mail!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can still wear the Ergo (I have the classic and not the new one...don't know if that makes a difference) but the mei tai is definitely more comfy for me.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
We have one (NG) & LOVE it! We also had the classic. It was/is my favorite carrier. Although I haven't used mine since May when we went to an all-day Children's Festival...I carried DD in it most of the day & my hips just didn't love having the additional 30 lbs tagged onto them for the day.
It was fine under the belly, though.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinsmama
I haven't used the ergo at all since I found out I was pregnant. I just feel weird putting pressure on my tummy.

I do love it for my toddler, can't wait to wear it again! I did just buy a Gypsymama wrap to see if there was a way to carry DS, maybe tying it above the belly... can't wait to get it in the mail!!!
Go to www.wearyourbaby.com and look up the different carry positions for either your toddler's age, or the type of wrap you got. (what kind did you get?) The video clips are short and informative.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I still use the Ergo - but have gotten the extender so I can put the belt under my belly. It works great for me - I can put DD on my back and walk around for quite a while.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have an Ergo and like it a lot. I haven't used it for most of my pregnancy, mostly because DS is 2.5 and really doesn't need it much anymore (that, and it's just too darn hot to carry anyone these days). I can't wait to use it again post-baby, though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts