Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just found out that there is a spot for my dd in the UC Berkeley Day Care Program next year. I am really torn about this and trying to decide the best course of action. I definitely wouldn't put her in full time--probably only 1 full day and two half days per week.

I was just wondering if anyone has used this day care and if so, if your experiences were generally positive or negative.

TIA!

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I've heard it is good--and very expensive if you pay the full cost. I would visit and see what you think. But I have heard it is pretty good for daycare (plus if you are right there, you child is likely to be in dc less since you don't have to drive/bus/bike across town to pick 'em up).

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm *assuming* it would be subsidized for us because my fellowship is about our only income at the moment (dh works freelance, so his earnings are not very stable). I have heard vague references to its good reputation--so that's a good sign

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I wouldn't assume it is subsidized... I know there are only a few 'subsidized' positions and they are usually reserved for undergrad. students. We were hoping to get one at one point, and it never happened. I'v enever had a child actually in the daycare, but did visit and thought it was a pretty nice place. But this was for a 2 year old... so I was looking for different things than one might notice if the care was for a younger child.

good luck.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
I wouldn't assume it is subsidized... I know there are only a few 'subsidized' positions and they are usually reserved for undergrad. students.
Oooh. That's not good news. Well, if it's not subsidized it will probably become a non-issue for us, because there's no way we can afford to pay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts