Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i;m wondering if there are any vegetarian families/moms who eat fish. i have been an ovo-lacto vegetarian since i was 3 (no joke), but i quickly discovered that i 1, didn't really care for beans and lentils, and 2, loved seafood, so i started eating seafood, but still didn't eat poultry and meat. any one else in the same boat as me?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Nope, but I'm a Polo vegetarian. The only meat I'll touch is bird, so I can relate. I've pretty much always been this way.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was lacto-ovo pescatarian for 22 years and had never eaten red meat in my life. I started eating turkey and chicken midway through my first pregnancy and then added everything but pork about a year later. My mom, sis and brother are all still lacto-ovo pescatarian tho and my dad eats chicken. It's not that uncommon, I believe. We all became really good at converting recipes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, nice to know other mommas in the same boat!

3 Posts
I love vegetarian food and have eaten mostly vegetarian for most of my adult life. However, I love salmon and sometimes crave it! I now buy wild of course and eat it about once or twice a month! Suzanne from Gimme the Good Stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts