Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the boards and relatively new to MD. We moved here in March from WI.

I've had a hard time finding like-minded moms (and dads) to get together with. I'm in AP groups, but I feel the need to branch out more. A healthy tree doesn't have just a few branches and needs a strong root system.
:

We are in Montgomery County but can travel some. Anything to not feel so isolated!

We are a very green family and follow a lot of AP. I'm pretty much a hippie but with some Midwest middle class thrown in for laughs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome!
A good way to find other AP/natural families is through NAP [Natural Approach to Parenting]. They have a webpage and a yahoo group. Ok, all I can find is the yahoo group: http://www.takeanap.org/ They must have combined or something.
Anyway, I don't know if Montgomery county has an active group, but Howard does, and I think Anne Arundel, and you are welcome to either or both.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I think Attachment Parenting International might have a group in Mont. county. I know they have one in Frederick - Update: I just checked - it's only in Frederick county.

I think I remember seeing your name on another MD board (Maryland Mommies, I think) I don't visit that board much because DD is high maintenance and I have limited computer time some days. But I would be up for getting together - I am pretty close to Mont county now.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hi there, and welcome!

The Takoma Park AP group has meetings and get togethers each month, and a listserv. There is a meeting coming up on the 14th. I think they broke from the official "API" organization so you may not see them listed on the site.

www.takoma-ap.org

You can also try going to area LLL meetings, although you do get a wider range of parenting styles- here's the website for groups in the area- http://www.lllofmd-de-dc.org/index.shtml

Good luck! I've found a large community of AP families in the area.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
You're welcome to come hang out here, if you want to make the trip.

We live in Baltimore City.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HrCreuzi View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the boards and relatively new to MD. We moved here in March from WI.

I've had a hard time finding like-minded moms (and dads) to get together with. I'm in AP groups, but I feel the need to branch out more. A healthy tree doesn't have just a few branches and needs a strong root system.
:

We are in Montgomery County but can travel some. Anything to not feel so isolated!

We are a very green family and follow a lot of AP. I'm pretty much a hippie but with some Midwest middle class thrown in for laughs.

OMG! Your post is so much like what my own would be:

We are relatively new to MD -- having moved here in July from Indiana.
We are also in Mont. Co. (between Bethesda and Rockville).
We are a green family, am very AP, I am pretty hippie-crunchy, but we are pretty laughable too. ;-)

We have 3 children, aged 9, 5, 2, and are living in a too-small-for-playdates-apt until the summer when we can move into a better space for our active-family's needs.

blessings,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! I'm part of the Frederick AP group and the unofficial MC AP group. I do go to LLL meetings when they fit my schedule.

Yeah, I am on MM- but not too much these days. Not a lot of AP people there.

I'd love to get together with people after the holidays!

Sorry I'm not here much. I'm making an effort to unplug more but also to connect with NAP people more- which is done on-line at first. So I need to be here more and other sites less (in a nutshell!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.