Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Danville which is west of Indpls and am looking for other mama's who homeschool. I have 3 kids at home who are 15,9,and 8. That is ds,dd,ds.
We unschool in a natural child-led way and are not religious in a fundamental sense. I very much agree with Unitarian Universalist's. I add this because I understand that some families *do* homeschool for religious reasons and I want to be upfront about our beliefs to not cause any discomfort later.

thanks mama's!

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
We do!

In our mamas group (IndyAP...see stickied post at top of tribe page for info on us...) we have quite a few homeschooling families, some of which unschool, many of which homeschool for non-religious reasons (including our family.)

I have ds1 (soon to be 8), ds2 (sooner to be 4) and dd (6 months). And we live near Carmel, but there are membes of our AP group all over the city and outlying areas...

·
Registered
56 Posts
We are in Richmond, Va now but are looking to move to Indy in the next couple of months. I would love to meet you all and find out if there are any get togethers. We have a wonderful group here where we meet once or twice a week and have a sort of freeschool where the kids can pursue any interests that are more fun in groups, or just hang out to play and chat. I am going to miss this desperately, as it was just as much fun for the mama's as it was for the kids! Please tell me you know of something like this in Indy!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mumtoboys

I'm not sure what types of groups are happening in Indy concerning homeschooling at this point. I've not had much luck either. But.....I think mary3mama might have a good thing with the Indy AP mama's group. I've been so busy I haven't checked anything out yet.
Definitely let us know when you get here,ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.