Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some real info on the divorce laws here in MA. Googling is bringing up a bunch of junk... and I want to hear from people who have gone through it.<br><br>
I know, I know, get a lawyer. I don't have any $ and right now I'm waiting for a match with the Volunteer Lawyers Project in Boston, but it's taking longer than I expected and I really want to get informed ASAP. My main concern is finances, given that I don't have a job and have 2 little guys (plus 1 older child), and our rent is insane and my soon-to-be-ex wants to cut us off financially ASAP. I need to know what my rights are with regard to our apartment lease, what exactly he's responsible for, what I'm entitled to (aside from child support), etc. I know I'm not entitled to alimony since we weren't married long enough.<br><br>
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm PMing you with the name of an atty friend of mine who will do a free discussion with you on the phone, and help you decide your best course of action. She's very nice and very helpful!<br><br>
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts