Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to the website and was wondering if there were any moms from the Central Valley (CA) I am actually in Tulare. Anyone close to this area at all?

Amber-Mommy to Chloe=2 yrs and happy wife to Robby

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi, I am in Clovis, and there is a great AP mommies group here! Check out www.fresnofamily.com for all the info! I know Tulare is a bit of a drive for playgroups and all, but maybe there are some members who are closer to you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is Kernville?
Beckie, thanx for the website to the fresno families- I will try it soon. I think next week- I already had an appt planned today. Thanx again ladies!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Amber,
Kernville is on the Kern River, next door to Lake Isabella. I've only been to Tulare once, on my way from the Trail of 100 Giants to Springville. So, I'm not positive of how to tell you what roads lead here, other than the 178, which is out of the way.
Katie

·
Registered
348 Posts
Im nowhere near (Im in San Diego) but I grew up in Tulare and Visalia and Im so darned proud there is another AP mama from there - way to go mama!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Hey Amber. I am hoping to go to the LLL meeting next Thursday so I hope to see you there. I've got a meeting that day that may conflict, but I am going to attempt to work things out.

In the spring we will be moving pretty close to the Trail of 100 Giants. I haven't been there since the fire, so I wonder what that whole area looks like.

Katie -- isn't it easier to take the back road up from Kernville (I don't know what it's called but it's along the Kern River)? OK, I'm guessing now that you decided to take the scenic route to the valley.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi,

My name is Kimmie and I am pretty new here too. I think I've been a member for a little while, but don't get the chance to post here much.

I am in the Central Valley near Merced.
I look forward to posting here more and I'm hoping that there is someone that lives near me!

I don't know where Tulare is exactly, however I've heard of it ((blush)). Fresno is about an hour south of me.

Kimmie

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello Ladies,
Im in the Central Valley, but a bit north of y'all, in Modesto. Just wanted to drop in and say hi and that its nice to see you all here!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Modesto Doula,

I go up to Modesto quite often. I love the mall there! ...lol
) And up until recently I went to school there 4 days a week.

)
Kimmie

·
Registered
433 Posts
Kimmie,

I'm in Turlock, just about a half hour north of you. Brooke (ModestoDoula) and I know each other IRL. She was my doula for my son's birth.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Patti and Brooke!

I'm so happy to "meet" you! I used to live in Modesto and I also go to Turlock quite often. My dh is on a baseball team that plays there every Friday night.

We also used to live in Patterson, and Turlock was the closest place that had "anything"!!

Well... again, I'm glad to meet you!

Kimmie

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nice to "meet" you too. :LOL Yeah, Turlock sure is the happenin' place to be.
: So, why are you in Merced? I have a childhood friend who moved there and her house is way out in the boonies and there is absolutely no one around and nothing to do. That reminds me...she called a few weeks ago and I have yet to call her back. Better go take care of that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Patti,

We don't live out in the boonies... lol We live in a well populated area. And I really like it here! We just moved here almost 2 years ago. (Wow, I can't believe it's been that long!) To tell you the truth, we moved down here because homes were less expensive. But that's starting to not be the case! It's pretty exciting, though, that home values are going up here. We knew they would, but we didn't think it would happen this quickly.

)
Kimmie

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, that just shows how ignorant I am about Merced.
I checked out your website...beautiful diapers! I used to love fitteds...but my son is such a heavy wetter that I'm finding that prefolds are the only thing that are working for us. He's in a premium now at just two months old. (He weighs 16 pounds.) And since my milk came in after his birth, my dd turned into a super soaker too - so into prefolds she went. Much, much better now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Kimmie!
Nice to "meet" you. I know what you mean about Merced. Its populated, but it didnt seem to have all the necessities of life, ya know
Sure, there's stores, but theres no mall...
I only know Merced at all because I had a client down there not too long ago. That is not a drive that I would do for fun! It is so boring between Turlock and Merced. And weird, it smells like onions and garlic at different parts even though its only orchards on the sides of the road (or at least it did to me, but that could have been pregnancy nose).
Let me just warn you, in case you are planning to go into the hospital there (Mercy Merced) that they have The WORST hosp food of any hosp I have ever been to.
(What happened to the barfing smilie? Thats the one I need!!) In fact, if you are going in to visit someone else, take them food!! LOL

Brooke

·
Registered
373 Posts
LOL... it does smell like onions! We have onion fields around here somewhere (so I've heard and smelled!!), but haven't seen them.
:

There is a mall in Merced, but it's not that great. It's very small and pretty disappointing if you're one of those people that just like to go the mall to peruse on some days.

Thank goodness I won't be going to the hospital! At least not anytime soon! My dh and I are done having kids, so I won't be going to the L&D floor... lol And hopefully (knock on wood) I won't be going to any other floor at the hospital!

Kimmie

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Stockton does that count? I just moved here with Donnie (my husband) and it is ok so far. Nothing to exciting. Anyone know anything about St. Josephs? We are going to have the baby there as I am a scardey cat as this is our first. But I am really interested in home birth for the 2, 3 and 4 th. : )

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hiya Brooke, Patti, and now Kimmie!
Amy here. I'm part of the Modesto crew also!
I have a friend that grew up in Madera, a little further down the road than you, Kimmie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts