Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been our week to go to the doc over here. 4 appts in a week, 2 for me, 2 for DD.

I have asthma but developed it at puberty (which is a whole different breed of asthma) and I am not too terribly familiar with pediatric asthma.

So DD has some kind of infection and is wheezing. We spent about 3 hours today at the ped getting a chest xray, nebulizer treatment and getting an inhaler prescription.

They told me we need several more episodes like this before there's an asthma diagnosis.

I'm just reaching out for some thoughts, tips and advice from btdt mommas. Any good websites you like for pediatric asthma? Should I be going along with the wait and see approach at the ped or should I push for something else (like a methacholine challenge, which do they even do that for toddlers???).

I just want to be sure I'm being a good advocate.

TIA
V

·
Registered
182 Posts
My son was diagnosed with reactive airway last year after a bunch of rounds of bronchitis (maybe 5?? in 6 months) but since going off milk he's so much better (no bronchitis at all, knock on wood) that I'm wondering if he doesn't have it any more. Also, we found out that he was aspirating and was causing pneumonia and bronchitis. This may sound weird but my son has had so many ear infections that I kind of have put my worries about reactive airway on the back burner because it hasn't reared it's ugly head for awhile. But the neb. treatments sucked - I hope your DD doesn't need them again. My son hated them for a long time and then it was like his spirit was broken and he gave up fighting but that was almost more sad!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.