Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,690 Posts
My psychiatrist has hinted around it to me - brought it up again when discussing my son (recently dx'd w/Asperger's). My mom tells me weekly that she thinks I have AS (she's a teacher and has had AS students the past 10 years or so and just 'sees' me in them). Officially I have a bipolar II dx and even though the psych has mentioned AS I just haven't felt that pursuing it was necessary. So the answer is: maybe.

· Registered
3,690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mengmommy View Post
But I still just can't make any friends IRL. I know I'm incredibly rigid, some things are just black and white to me, and my current top obsession is child rearing since it consumes pretty much all of my time. I CAN'T hang out with other moms because they drive me crazy
So my poor dh and my mom have to be my only's.

This is me - people, in general, drive me crazy - I'm relatively anti-social. My sis and my mom are my gal pals. I think that having the internet and subject-specific message boards has really helped me feel connected but in a way that I'm comfortable with. I can do it on my own time and can be as obsessed about a topic as I want as I know I'm going to find other people with the same obsession.

· Registered
3,690 Posts
Interesting quiz - I scored a 38. I'm one of those weird social people - I get real anxious when it comes to social situations or meeting new people but when I get in the situation I don't shutup, I'm hypersocial. I've always considered myself shy but outgoing - a bit of a conundrum.

· Registered
3,690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamsmommy2002 View Post
I do have a hard time sustaining most relationships. I really just have no energy or desire to do so.
This is me. I love email and the internet - I can get 'grown-up' conversation on my time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.