Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the CH/Carrboro area, via Athens, GA. I'm also new to MDC. My daughter just turned five. We have been a bit holed up over the past month or so with cooler weather, and are ready to get out & play!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by clovercat View Post
I'm new to the CH/Carrboro area, via Athens, GA. I'm also new to MDC. My daughter just turned five. We have been a bit holed up over the past month or so with cooler weather, and are ready to get out & play!
just for clarity: chapel hill is usually considered part of the triangle area. which also includes durham and raleigh.

the triad usually refers to greensboro, high point and winston-salem.

i spend a lot of time between the two areas as my mil lives in one area and i live in the other. hope that helps!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Winston. We just moved to the area a few months ago so we are trying to get used to everything. I've joined a few moms groups and have found one where some of the moms are pretty likeminded but a majority of them do things pretty differently than myself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GwendalynsMommy View Post
I'm in Winston. We just moved to the area a few months ago so we are trying to get used to everything. I've joined a few moms groups and have found one where some of the moms are pretty likeminded but a majority of them do things pretty differently than myself.
I am from that area. I was sooooo sad to leave my cute one bedroom in the West End of W-S. My family is still there so I would be glad to meet up anytime I am that way

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am in Burlington, which is about 20 mins from Greensboro!! I have three children ages 8,6 and 19 months and one due in May!

·
Registered
100 Posts
we moved form Greensboro about 9 months ago. we were very active there in several playgroups. Natural and not
try www.triadmommies.com first there is a huge crunchy group there and all the moms are great. also go to a LLL meeting, even if you are not nursing it is a great place to meet moms. I meet most of my first friends there. and the Leaders are out of sight.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am on Triadmommies. For some reason though I've had a hard time making it to any of the events. They always seem to clash with my schedule. I've tried several times and I did end up making it to one house playdate.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We have a hard time making it to events too -- my kids (well, 2 of them) are in pre-school and my husband owns a restaurant so he is usually not around at night or on weekends. I see many of them fall during those times. There are a bunch to pick from though, and I find the recommendations, etc. helpful on that site.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi all,

Not to high jack the thread, but it seemed like those of you posting to the Winston-Salem specific thread might have some good ideas about pediatrician recommendations in Winston-Salem. We are getting ready to move there from Baltimore, MD. Looking at the West-End, Ardmore neighborhoods, but may end up somewhere else too.

Anyway - any suggestions for pediatricians and dentists would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristi

·
Registered
416 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieGirl View Post
Hi all,

Not to high jack the thread, but it seemed like those of you posting to the Winston-Salem specific thread might have some good ideas about pediatrician recommendations in Winston-Salem. We are getting ready to move there from Baltimore, MD. Looking at the West-End, Ardmore neighborhoods, but may end up somewhere else too.

Anyway - any suggestions for pediatricians and dentists would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristi
Do you need a specific kind of ped? For instance, do you need a ped willing to accept a religious exemption for vaccinations, etc.? There are two pediatric dentists practices I am aware of here, but they DO use flouride so I don't know if that is a consideration for you either....

·
Registered
152 Posts
No, no special needs. Just an attentive, intelligent, child friendly ped with a great nursing staff. Would prefer a ped or peds practice that returns calls on a timely basis.

Recs for an adult doc and dentist are also appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
We'll be moving to the Triad area later this month. We'll probably settle in Greensboro or High Point -- somewhere around there, but first we're living in corporate housing in Greensboro!

I look forward to also signing up with TriadMommies.com.

Good thread!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't see the question about peds until just now. I absolutely love Dr Shelley Kreiter. She is with Westgate Peds off of Westgate. She has been great. Very openminded. I know she is ok with working out a vax schedule with us. We don't want to skip them altogether so I'm not sure how she would feel about that. She is super pro breastfeeding. Very good about exams and letting dd stay in my arms and letting her get comfortable first. She is super pro breastfeeding as well which I love. I highly recommend her. Her office staff and the other drs in the practice leave a little to be desired but if you stick with dr kreiter you are all good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.